By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-26-2020

"I mean, you look handsome without the scarf, too," Anthony shrugged, walking out alongside Elijah. "that sounds good to me. It is a pretty nice day, after all." And now that the initial shock of 'oh fuck the guy I like is also gay' had worn off, it was an even better day.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-26-2020

Elijah blushed and smiled. "You're far too kind. Thank you.." He nodded and walked slowly beside him. He enjoyed the cold air and cloudless day. When there was no one close, he found himself speaking in a hushed tone. "You know, Anthony... I think you're handsome too..."

Anthony was caught off-guard by the compliment, but accepted it nonetheless. "Oh—well, thank you," he smiled, certain that he was blushing right now. He'd never really thought himself to be particularly good-looking but he wasn't about to deny the compliment. "you're so...wonderful." Anthony said, a bit too flustered now to manage to make up actually original compliments.

Elijah just smiled warmly, "I think you are too. I'm grateful we had that chance encounter. you've grown so fast on me. "

"I'm glad," Anthony said simply, walking slowly alongside Elijah. For a brief moment, as another thought returned, he was nervous—but only for a brief moment. This will be fine. This time is different.

Elijah didn't know where they were going, simply that they were going somewhere. It didn't matter, he was happy to be walking along side him and the mood had seemed to have gotten slightly better. It still wasn't as good as it was and he sighed hanging his head."You really aren't bothered are you? Knowing now? I just.. you're only the third person in my life who's known."

Anthony glanced towards Elijah as the latter spoke again. "I mean, I don't see any reason why I should be bothered, really," he shrugged, certain that there is noone else around but still speaking in quieter voice than usual. "because, well, I like men as well so it's...not as if I'm going to judge you for it. I'm...glad that you trusted me enough to tell me, though." The way he spoke about trust and all that almost made it sound like they both didn't come out in an anxiety-induced panic.

"Yes but.. having so few to be able to tell. .I don't know.. your experience but.. I've only known another and he was a family friend. So, the only others who knew I never..' He shrugged as he certainly didn't want to get into details about all the things he never did. "So, I guess I didn't know how you feel.." He shook his head, he was certain he wasn't explaining himself correctly. He probably sounded like an idiot.

Anthony wasn't exactly used to discussing his sexuality like this but he'll do it for Elijah. "Yeah, I get what you're saying," he nodded. "like...I was seriously afraid of you finding that out about me as well at first, because, y'know, never gonna know whether it's safe or not to tell until you actually tell. But...what's important now is that we have it all cleared up, yeah? No judging each other. Just like we promised."

That seemed to be the answer he wanted as he nodded. "That's right, no judging." He smiled and walked more relaxed. "Sorry I brought it up." He looked forward and took a moment to wonder where they were. A crossroad. "What do you feel more like going right now." He gestured where they were. "We can stick to town, maybe go to a pub for lunch.. or go to the beach? Can also just take a walk in a random direction."