By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-26-2020

"What? Yeah, I'm fine, really," Anthony said, gesturing vaguely with one hand. He was, in fact, mostly fine. Just...very surprised and nervous and probably in shock. But he's fine, really.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-26-2020

Elijah nodded and turned from him to look over the selection. "Alright. As long as you are.  That's what I care about." He picked up a long and yellow knitted scarf. "What do you think ?"

Anthony nodded as if to say that he is actually fine. He also turned most his attention to the scarves, now, turning back to Elijah as the latter spoke to him again. "It's nice," he said, wanting to get this over with but also wanting this to last as long as possible. The duality of man. "I think it'd look good on you."

Elijah smiled though the cheerful mood they'd started with was gone. "I'll get this one unless you see a better one. Did you want a scarf too?"

Anthony smiled as well, trying very bad to pretend like what happened before didn't actually happen. "I'm good," he reassured. "I already have enough scarves for a lifetime, I think." Though the vast majority of them were back at his home. Hm. He should drop by there sometime soon.

Elijah nodded. "Alright.  " He offered a weak smile.  He turned away and sighed as he wished he hadn't said a thing. It was now awkward between them and he could only blame himself.  Certainly any moment Anthony was probably afraid he'd  try to kiss him.

In a final attempt to stop being so anxious, Anthony started quietly humming to himself again as he looked over the selection of scarves. The temptation to buy one was strong but he would not fall victim to it. After a bit, Anthony turned back to Elijah, feeling a bit guilty for making this so awkward between them, but trying not to dwell on that guilt. "I haven't found anything that'd look better on you than the one you picked out," he stated his professional opinion. "I mean, I'm sure all of them would look good on you anyways, but that one specifically would. Look good." shit

Elijah started to relax as he heard his hum. He looked towards him when he spoke and nodded. "Alright. Sounds good." He smiled going to pay for the scarf and immediately put it on. "Thanks Anthony. What would you like to do now ?"

Anthony smiled briefly, waiting while Elijah went to pay for the scarf. "You look...very handsome wearing it," he said, hoping that wasn't too on-the-nose. Maybe if they were alone he would've spoken his opinion more but he didn't have the luxury to do that in public. He did genuinely think Elijah looked very handsome, though. "I mean, I don't know, really. What would you like to do?" Anthony was definitely not creative enough to improvise something here.

"Me? Handsome? I wouldn't go that far. It's a beautiful scarf but it can't work magic." He laughed weakly and walked out with him. "How about we just walk? Maybe the beach. It's a lovely day." He wanted to say more but the words wouldn't come.