By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-26-2020

Anthony considered the choices he could make rather carefully. "Well—well, yeah, there's something, but it's not like I can just say it in the middle of the street," he blurted out before he could even finish considering whether or not he should. Shit. Now he has no choice but to say it when they get back home. Fuck.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-26-2020

In the middle of the street? The tall constable looked around and pulled him into an empty alleyway and looked into his face. "Alright, we're alone? Can you say it now?"

Wait. He wasn't expecting that. He thought he had time to prepare for this shit. Anthony stayed silent for a moment, avoiding looking at Elijah. "Yeah, so..." his voice was shaky as he spoke. Here goes absolutely fucking nothing. "when I said that I like tall men that wasn't actually bad phrasing or a mistake or anything—well it was a mistake because I didn't really intend to say that—but I actually meant that and I actually like men in like a romantic and sexual way and that." He caught his breath after the run-on sentence, ready to fucking run for it if necessary.

Elijah nodded but the words sank in, so he had to play it again in his mind. There was no mistake. He stared at Anthony with huge eyes and put a hand to his lips in complete shock. He.. really was? 

"A-anthony.. I.." He looked nervous and looked away as it was hard to say. There was a lot he was feeling at that moment. He cleared his throat before he spoke though it was low and barely audible. "M-may too... though.. I don't care about height. I do like nice guys though.. r-romantically and... s-s-se...xu..a..a..ally..." Was his face red? He felt like he could barely breath. He glanced up to see if this was really happening and not a messed up dream.

Anthony's heart had either stopped beating or was beating a hundred times in a second, there was no in-between. He felt like a deer in headlights, frozen in place but also ready to run for it if necessary. It...didn't seem like that would be necessary, though.

Anthony had basically forgotten how to breathe when Elijah spoke. He was almost certain that he was blushing, but he couldn't check and didn't want to anyways. Though maybe he would've felt...relieved, perhaps? about this right now he was just way too nervous and in shock to feel any of that relief. After a bit of time, Anthony looked at Elijah, stunned into silence and not saying anything, but... At this point he just figured this was a fucked up dream and he didn't know if he wanted to wake up, really.

Elijah was just standing there, staring at Anthony in the alleyway. Neither spoke. He finally held up his hands innocently. "Please, don't think j-just because we both ..umm.. are ..like this..that i.. intend to ask.... anything of you. You're my friend. I respect you and would never take advantage of you. So please.. we are still friends right? Y-you won't leave?" He was just as nervous as before. He should have been happy but admitting things seemed to have not made anything better.

Anthony was a bit disappointed at that, but didn't say anything about it. "Yeah. We're.......still friends, of course," he nodded slowly. "of course I won't leave. You're wonderful and I...care for you a lot and I'd never leave you. I promise." If it was possible for Anthony to blush even more, he's done it by now.

Elijah smiled and nodded. "So, you'll relax now? Nothing to hide between  us, right? " He started to leave the alleyway. "Let's find that scarf.."

Anthony will never be able to relax again after this. "...Right," he said after a moment, mildly shocked by the sudden change in tone, but still following after Elijah as he left the alley. He couldn't really tell whether coming out just now was a mistake or not, but it's too late to think about that now. Though it had become rather clear that he shouldn't expect anything to be between them now, he still hoped just a tiny bit that Elijah would feel something for him. Just a bit.

Elijah walked with him towards a place he was sure would have a big variety of scarfs. Was it him or was Anthony in shock. He stepped in to look around then at Anthony and sighed. "Are you sure everything is alright? I am worried.. "