By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-26-2020

"Yeah, everything's alright." Anthony nodded. "You're just..." he laughed awkwardly. "very tall, I noticed." As if that wasn't super obvious. Good going, moron.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-26-2020

Elijah looked confused but then smiled. He glanced away uncertainty, "I suppose a little. But all the better to be found in a crowd." He laughed and shrugged . "I hope it's not a... turn off problem?"

"No, no." Anthony said perhaps a little bit too eagerly, before...making his tone more neutral. Can't make your crush seem too obvious, yeah? He had to force away a frown when Elijah asked whether it was a problem or not. It wasn't, really, and he didn't really like the implication it could be. "Not a problem at all. I like tall men." Wait. Fuck.

"Oh good. I was worried. Sometimes guys feel intimidated or envious of others taller or stronger than them. Rather silly, I think. Glad to see, though I guess I'd have thought you'd noticed before if it was.. wait." He blushed and blinked rising a brow at him.

Anthony was almost relieved at first as it seemed like his fuck-up was ignored, but then immediately went back into full panic mode as it became clear that it had definitely been noticed. Fuuuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Anthony tried to pretend as if nothing had happened but from the aloof and awkward aura that was about him now, and the expression on his face, it became clear that he did say something he didn't exactly mean to say. And he was internally freaking out over it.

He.. liked tall men? The words and the reaction. Could it be? Did he really meet another guy who... and was it his own friend under his own roof? With the nice voice and polite timid attitude?

He laughed and shook his head. "Oh, my. You worded that badly. I almost thought you meant something way different. I'm glad you appreciate me for all I am though." He patted his shoulder and smiled. Damn his imagination playing tricks with him again.

Anthony was very close to having another panic-induced breakdown but by some miracle means didn't. He was simultaneously very relieved and also a bit disappointed when Elijah seemed to just accept it under the 'it's just bad wording' guise. 

"...Yeah," he laughed aloofly, definitely being noticably more quieter than before. He doesn't have the luxury to be able to just tell everyone he wants that he likes men. Anthony avoided looking at Elijah or saying anything to him as they walked.

After the mix up, it seemed Anthony was still bothered. It confused Elijah so, he tried to figure it out but gave up. "What's wrong, Anthony? Did I say anything off? " He looked at him concerned and nudged his shoulder. "You can be honest."

Anthony was a bit too anxious now to even look at Elijah at this point. And while he appreciated the concern, it's not as if he can just come out in the middle of the street. "You didn't...say anything wrong, really," he stuttered. "it's nothing. Don't worry about it." It can probably wait until they get back home.

Elijah sighed hanging his head as he walked beside him. "Its funny how every time I hear 'Its nothing, don't worry about it', it's always something. I've said it myself more times than I can count. Please, if there is something. Can you tell me? Even if you don't tell me what it is. Though I'll honestly want to know what it is." He sighed and patted his shoulder though he felt it was hopeless.