By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-25-2020

Anthony had, somehow, managed to lose himself in his mind yet again, eating absently as he did so. He had a thought, but figured that he could wait until tomorrow to speak about it. If he would manage to muster up the courage to speak of it, that is. Anyways. No more thinking. Back to eating. That is, if he hadn't finished his food before in his previous state. Oh.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-25-2020

Elijah enjoyed the quiet meal but before he put his dish away he looked towards Anthony. "Oh. Would you prefer the bed or sofa tonight? I know you said you didn't mind, but.. which would you honestly prefer?"

"I can sleep on the sofa tonight," Anthony waved the offer away. He seriously, genuinely didn't mind either way, but he definitely hasn't managed to get himself together so much that he could just sleep in Elijah's bed. Anyways. Gay thoughts, begone.

Elijah nodded. "Alright. I'll get your pillow and blanket while you wash up when you're done eating." He offered with a cheerful smile. "Oh, and some comfortable night clothes. Did you want anything else to help you sleep?"

Anthony nodded at that as an unspoken 'okay'. "No, that's everything, I think," he shrugged. He didn't even especially need all the things Elijah offered him so that he could sleep, but he appreciated the hospitality so, fine.

Elijah nodded and waited until he'd finished his dinner before gathering the things so that the man could sleep as comfortably as possible. "Sleep well. I hope we have fun tomorrow. I'll be so excited I hope I can get a good night's rest." He chuckled and went to his room to retire for the night.

Anthony had gone to wash up, returning to Elijah having gathered up all the things, which he seriously appreciated. "I hope so too," he smiled. "goodnight, then, Elijah." Time to go to sleep and not think of anything ever again because that worked out for him before.

Elijah gave a small nod and went to bed. He laid there with a lot of thoughts. He wondered if he should go to church for advice, but he already knew what would be said. Get temptation out. 

He rolled onto his side and stared at the empty wall. He couldn't do that. Anthony wasn't trying to be tempting. He was a good man and friend. It was just a test. Elijah could be strong. He wouldn't lose him when things were going so well.

He pulled up the heavy blanket high and closed his eyes. His mind was forced to think of nothing but darkness around him. He begged for sleep to claim him and after what felt like an eternity, it did.

Anthony's mind was relatively unbothered when compared to previous nights—he was relatively calm and not panicked, and only a bit anxious. He found himself having fallen asleep rather quickly, that definitely being at least somewhat caused by the amount of things he'd done today. Which was still pitifully little compared to usual, but it certainly tired him out, yeah?

Anthony spent only a little bit of time thinking about a certain someone, and being blissfully unaware of the thoughts Elijah himself was thinking, for better or for worse. And so he found himself in a surprisingly not-restless and bothered sleep. What a surprise.

In the morning, it was like the others. Elijah woke, got dressed and washed up, then he fed Diane before attempting to delicately wake Anthony to see if he was hungry.