By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-25-2020

Anthony was definitely not ready for Elijah to return, but obviously had no choice but to accept it, going to eat as if what had happened had never actually happened. He was more comfortable with pretending that, than he would be were he forced to confront Elijah about it.

Anthony was a...bit surprised at the offer, for lack of a better word. "I mean, if you want to," he stuttered, "but...uh, don't let me keep you from your work. Or anything."

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-25-2020

Elijah smiled softly. "It was my idea. So of course I'm fine with it. If an emergency arises, I'll have to tend to that. But otherwise, I will focus on you. I want to .." He didn't want to admit he was making it up because he was unable to keep platonic thoughts it seemed for his handsome, nice friends. "I want to reward you for trying to read. And for being my friend, despite all of my ...issues. I don't know what you like to do, but I hoped we could find something."

Anthony had to tell himself that this was not a date. "I...okay, then. I don't really have anything against it," he decided. "though I feel like I should be the one to thank you for being my friend despite my issues." He laughed quietly, making it obvious that this self-deprecation was yet again a joke, not ready to open the floodgates to the compliments he could basically hear coming. Elijah was very predictable in that regard.

"I'm sure we can find something to do, though," Anthony said, gesturing vaguely with his hands. "but, honestly, just spending time with you would be enough, really."

Elijah smiled and couldn't help but ask, "Well, when one of these issues come up, let me know because I haven't seen one." He smiled warmly and was delighted that the man agreed. He hadn't scared him off. "It doesn't have to be anything big. I'm not demanding a train to York to see a show. Just, maybe a walk through town to see the shops? Visit the beach? It tends to be very relaxing on a quiet day. Whatever we feel like. There is no pressure for anything." He wanted to be careful because he felt worried that sooner or later his secret would be revealed. He hoped that his friend would grow close enough that he'd forgive him. He blushed. "I am honestly happy just spending time with you as well. But I was worried you'd be bored just being home with me.."

Anthony was fairly sure that Elijah was just feeding him compliments for the hell of it, now, but he wasn't about to tell him to stop. "I mean, I'm good with all those things," he said, rather truthfully, actually. He genuinely enjoyed just...taking simple walks on a quiet day and he figured he would enjoy it even more were he to do it with Elijah. "maybe I'd get bored, but not because of you." Anthony laughed softly.

"But honestly, I'm up for most anything, really. I....seriously like spending time with you."

Elijah smiled warmly and sipped his tea. "I really enjoy spending time with you too. I'm glad we found each other. I don't know how lonely you were before, but I am grateful to have found a friend I can spend time with like you." He admitted honestly to Anthony.

Anthony blushed. Elijah really was too nice for his own good. "Thank you," he said. "I'm grateful to have found you as well. I like you...a lot." Wait. Shit.

"You're a really good friend." Nice save.

"I feel the same. I'm glad to hear that. I feel like.. we could be friends for a long long time." Elijah said happily. As long as he never finds out the truth...

Anthony grinned. "And I'm happy you think that," he said, turning back to eating again, several thoughts running through his head, that were actually surprisingly tame. Which he was pleased about—but he was slightly less pleased at a certain thought. ...That's a problem for tomorrow, though, and he won't worry about it while eating dinner.

Elijah was over joyed at how the evening went. He was certain he was going to make a fool of himself. He ate quietly , letting his worries be bundled up for the moment at least.