By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-25-2020

Anthony noticed Elijah turning away, and slowly let go of Elijah. Shit. He shouldn't have done that and made him uncomfortable like that. "Sorry," he apologized quietly. Maybe he was getting a bit too comfortable and affectionate with Elijah. "I—guess if you don't mind, then, okay."

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-25-2020

Elijah looked over confused and smiled nervously. "Wh-why are you sorry? I'm the one who is sorry. I shouldn't have.. gotten so close. I'd probably made you all sorts of uncomfortable." He felt warm and uncomfortable in a way he didn't expect. "Yes.. I.. I'll make dinner." He stood and hurried to the kitchen to get the distance he needed.

Anthony was about to explain himself, but didn't get the chance to do so, as Elijah hurried back to the kitchen before he could. And now he was left alone briefly with his thoughts yet again, ahich was more uncomfortable for him than being physically affectionate with Elijah could ever be. He couldn't understand why Elijah would think he should be the one to apologize and he's the one who made Anthony uncomfortable, and frowned as he thought about it. Numerous possibilities ran through his head, none of which he liked.

Eiljah was just going to make some soup which gave him plenty of time to just pace the kitchen. He rubbed his hands together and muttered that he was doing it again. He was the worst and he couldn't let his imagination run away with himself. Men should be able to be his friend without him liking them.

Anthony looked at the ground, bouncing his leg in anxiety as he waited for Elijah to return so that he wouldn't have to be alone with his stupid mind anymore. Though he now had basically no choice but to sit there and reflect, Anthony did come to one conclusion, a conclusion that he had been trying very hard to deny and ignore before, but that had been way too obvious for even him to keep pushing away like that. And he immediately felt worse as soon as he realized. Elijah is just a friend, this would just make him uncomfortable, Anthony should just deny it ever existing and should just be satisfied with the friend he has without wanting more.

Elijah came in after a few moments, though he hands trembled, he carefully placed a glass of milk. 'I.. I thought you'd enjoy something other than tea." He smiled awkwardly to the man and rubbed his arm feeling suddenly very nervous being in the same room. Anthony was wonderful and he was a monster for desecrating their friendship with his wandering mind. "I. am making soup. I have a little bread we can eat with it."

Anthony, perhaps begrudgingly, looked at Elijah as the latter returned with a glass of milk, which Anthony accepted, his own hands shaking slightly as well. "Thank you," he smiled nervously at him. He shouldn't have ever let himself fall for Elijah. He can't imagine how uncomfortable he made him with all that...affection. "that's good, yeah?"

Elijah tilted his head but nodded. "Y-yeah.. " He gave a strained smile but felt badly as he knew it was obvious. "I'm sorry for how.. I'm acting. I wish I could explain it. But.. just know.. it's not your fault. You're fantastic and I'm still happy you're here..' He didn't want to go into it and disappeared into the kitchen.

And that left Anthony much more confused than before. After the initial shock wore off, Anthony fell into thought again. Anthony tried to stop himself from entertaining a certain idea, but it didn't really work. Part of him was telling him that it could never happen, and another part was being more hopeful of the fact that it could happen, and so Anthony didn't really know what to think. After a bit of time spent fighting with himself over this, he just decided to...wait and see. Which was incredible progress considering how much time he's spent denying the fact that he might have just a tiny crush.

Elijah had to wash his face to help calm down. When he returned, he had the soup and some bread ready and sat down. "Let's eat." He smiled trying to pretend the odd moments didn't happen. It was far better to pretend so, he didn't want to confuse and bother his friend.

He also had to make it up to him. "Anthony.. would you like for me to take tomorrow off? We can do something."