By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-23-2020

Anthony couldn't help but be anxious thinking that he's already ruined another relationship with someone. And when the words came from Elijah, Anthony couldn't help but look at him with a perhaps bit too vulnerable expression. "I—didn't think otherwise, really," he said, thinking carefully about his words. He didn't know what he said wrong before but he didn't want it to happen again. "I just...I just meant that if I wanted to bring some of my clothes here then I would do it myself. To not be a bother to you. You didn't—make me feel trapped or forced anything like that, really, and you really do not have to be sorry for anything and I'm sorry if I said anything that made you think I don't like you." Anthony hasn't had to spill out his thoughts or even apologize to anyone in a bit of time, and it was obvious, with the unsteady rate his words came out in and the obvious nervousness in his voice. But he seriously didn't want this nice thing to be ruined for either of them.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-23-2020

Elijah blushed feeling so embarrassed. He placed a hand on his as he leaned in to speak, feeling relief and yet still having to apologize. "I am so very sorry. I know you've been such a kind and wonderful person. I shouldn't have thought the worst , it was my fault I thought you sounded defensive. It made me worried, and I didn't want to push you away. I am happy to have you here." He shook his head hiding his face. "I feel so silly for thinking it. I hope you forgive me."

Anthony's heart probably stopped for a moment when Elijah put his hand on his, and he was fairly sure he was blushing by the time Elijah finished speaking. "I....of course I forgive you," he said. It was Anthony who should've asked to be forgiven, instead (or so he thought), but he didn't, for one reason or another. "I guess I'm....happy to be here with you too. You're just such a....nice and kind and amazing person from what I've seen, I wouldn't even dream of being rude to you." this is the closest he will ever get to confessing

Elijah looked so relieved that he forgave him and it was just a misunderstanding. He then realized he put his hand on his and pulled away quickly and apologized hoping Anthony wouldn't be scared off. "Thank you. I am so sorry for this confusion. I'm glad we were able to talk about it." He sighed happily and rest a hand on his chest. "It's nice to have someone we can speak with, isn't it?" He then started to eat his breakfast again.

Anthony was a bit disappointed that Elijah pulled his hand away from his, but tried not to show it externally. "I'm sorry too, but at least we got it cleared up," he smiled. Most of the anxiety had subsided by now, thank god—he was very prepared for his friendship with Elijah to be ruined by this. "it is. I don't know where I'd be right now without you." Probably at home chilling but that's not what he meant. He didn't know why he was getting this emotional about a man he's known for a few days.

"Me too..' Elijah smiled before shrugging. "oh wherever you had been before I met you. But I know I have become better because of you." It was nice having someone to feel for, even if it was just as friends. And he liked having a room mate.

"Okay, maybe I was being a bit overdramatic there," Anthony laughed softly, glancing away bashfully as Elijah spoke again. "point is that I appreciate you a lot. Maybe I could be so bold as to even say I appreciate you more than you do me." Subtle.

Elijah shook his head. "You are fine, I am just very sensitive and I apologize." He grinned towards him , "I don't know if that is possible. You are a wonderful and charming man. You could easily replace me I think."

Anthony covered half his face with his hand, grinning at the compliment. "Hardly," he said. "but I'Il accept the compliment." Elijah is way too benevolent and nice and wonderful for Anthony to be anything like him.

Elijah smiled and patted his arm. "You're too humble. I hope I can help you see how wonderful you are for yourself. "