By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-23-2020

"Alright, okay," Anthony said, mostly to himself as Elijah left to go and make breakfast for the two of them. Can Elijah stop being nice so that Anthony can go back to being cocky and confident instead of being a nervous wreck, please and thank you. Rubbing his eyes, Anthony eventually decided to go ahead and make himself look presentable—he probably looked horrible right now. Can't have that.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-23-2020

Elijah checked on him, "I have breakfast ready, and some tea if it's alright?" He looked happy to feed him as he moved to sit down. He perked up, "I hope you enjoy." He looked quite happy as he started to dig in.

Anthony glanced at Elijah, then glanced away. "Yeah, it's alright," he said, summoning all his confidence so that Elijah doesn't see what an absolute wreck Anthony is right now. He still didn't like tea but for Elijah's sake he'll still drink it. He didn't want to disappoint him or something. "I'm sure I will." Maybe Anthony was just way too fucking used to barely edible food, but he genuinely enjoyed the food Elijah's made thus far. Here's to eating more of said food, then.

Elijah smiled but could easily tell that something was bothering Anthony. He lowered his eyes and ate quietly for a few minutes. "So..ah.. did you have anything you wanted to do today? I was going to get things laundered today I am hoping I won't need to work too hard."

"I don't have nothing planned, really," Anthony shrugged. Honestly, the thing he wanted to do most right now was just take a long walk and either reflect or try and forget his own feelings. Neither seemed like a particularly good idea, but, like, what was he meant to do? "I'll see where the day takes me, I guess."

"Alright..' Elijah looked at him curiously. "Where were you staying before I found you ? I was wondering if you had some other clothes or something you'd like me to bring here if you'll be staying for a while without leaving. I'm certainly not complaining, I think its clear you can practically live here for all I mind." He smiled trying to show his enthusiasm.

"At...my home," Anthony said, clearly an expert at specifying things. But then again, he has other things on his mind today that are more important than such foolishness like 'where I live'. "and if I wanted to bring something here, I'll do it myself." The sentence wasn't meant as hostile or abrasive, though with Anthony's current state it could be interpreted as such—even though when in reality Anthony was just in another one of his 'I will absolutely not be a bother ever' moments. Whatever.

"Oh.. ah.. of course.. I mean.I never meant to make you feel like you had to stay here. I just figured you were.. y-you know.. enjoying.. yourself..' He said softly as he looked down and rubbed the back of his neck. With every spoken word his voice grew quieter and more uncertain. Maybe he didn't understand Anthony as well as he thought if the guy was so defensive about bringing over just some clothes so he had a spare.

Anthony looked at Elijah in mild confusion and fear. Did he say something wrong? "I...am enjoying myself," he said after a moment of being entirely silent. He felt very guilty now. Seeing Elijah like this made him feel very guilty and very bad about himself and he didn't really know why. "are you...okay?" His voice softened a bit as he asked that. What did he do? He needs to know so that he can never do it again.

Elijah couldn't form the words for a moment. He waved him off and kept looking down. He was too sensitive sometimes and he knew it. "I.. " He took another few seconds before the rest of the words finally tumbled out. "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to make you.. feel trapped. I was just..thinking you'd like some more of your clothing here if you wanted to wash up and change or what not. I didn't mean to make you feel forced or anything. You are certainly welcome to go home any time. I am sorry if you thought otherwise.."