By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-23-2020

It seems that they were at an impasse yet again—Anthony trying to be too polite and not a bother, and Elijah being too nice and basically begging Anthony to do something that would make him feel like a bother. "I—guess if you want to so bad then I won't say no," Anthony eventually decided after a moment of internally arguing with himself. And, honestly, the faster he goes back to sleep the faster he can pretend that his feelings weren't actually real and something he imagined as real. Whether that be good or bad.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-23-2020

His reply had Elijah smile and nod. He stood so that he could show him to the bed, not that it was hard to find. "This way. I am sure it'll do the job and help you rest. " He walked to his linen closet to grab a blanket and pillow for himself.

Anthony, perhaps begrudgingly, stood up and followed after Elijah as the latter showed him to the bed. "...Yeah. Thank you," Anthony smiled, but god knows that he now most certainly could never fall asleep. In this case, Elijah's kindness was both the bane of Anthony's existence and also the best thing in his life. He wasn't really sure which, really.

In his mind, clearly Elijah had done the right thing and his friend was too happy for words. " If you need anything, I'm not far." He patted his shoulder and grabbed some night clothes. "Here, you can change into these to rest. They might be a little big but they'll still be comfortable I hope." He turned to leave him alone. "Good night."

"...Goodnight," Anthony said after a moment, sitting down on the bed as soon as Elijah left, and stared at the ground as if it were the most interesting thing in the room. Now, he's all alone with all those thoughts and feelings and emotions he's been having as of late, and he's not sure if he likes it or not. But it's not like he's going to fall asleep anyways, so might as well take some time to figure it out. It didn't really work and he was just as clueless and confused as he was a minute ago. (Though, to be fair, maybe he was a bit of a moron to expect himself to know everything about himself after a minute.) At least he's spending the night doing something useful?

Elijah laid out on the sofa and slept with ease, hugging his pillow to his face as he did so, not realizing the trouble his guest was having. Diane slept at his feet leaving the other man alone with his feelings and thoughts.

Anthony fell onto his back into the bed, looking up at the ceiling now instead, having been left alone with only his thoughts for company. Whereas maybe he would have been fine with this were this a normal day like any other, it was sadly not very normal—not to him, at least.

Staring up at the ceiling, Anthony furrowed his eyebrows, not liking this thinking he has been forced to do now—there was nothing else to do when he was alone like this, and he had to unpack all this at some point anyways. However much Anthony wished to delay it happening, it seemed that right now would be the time. Or, at the very least, the time for Anthony to figure out a little bit. He doesn't really need or want to know more about himself, if he were to be completely honest with himself. Covering his face with his hands, Anthomy closed his eyes for a brief moment, rubbing them and then opening them again and taking his hands off his face.

Time to think, whether he likes it or not. So! Elijah Crane, the reason for all these newfound feelings and confusion in Anthony. He's very kind, nice, caring... And tall. And Anthony had grown to like him very much in the little time that they've known eachother for. And he'd suspected that Elijah liked him at least a bit as well—would he be so nice to him if he didn't at least consider him a friend? Anthony had found himself feeling...anxious, perhaps? when around him, which was the cause of quite a bit of distress for him. Anthony was a bit neurotic and anxious even in normal situations before having ever even met Elijah, but he felt more so around the man. More afraid of saying something wrong or doing something wrong or being a bother or impolite, maybe? That was the easy, 'no thinking required' explanation, and Anthony felt compelled to accept it—however, he held true to the promise he made with himself, and only somewhat accepted it.

But he had also found himself very anxious in situations unrelated to those mentioned, such as the one that had happened just now, ending with Anthony in Elijah's bed. (Maybe because Anthony's mind immediately strayed towards other things. Perhaps it was just because being in another man's bed in a completely non-sexual way was just unusual to him? Keep telling yourself that, Anthony.) A thought ran through Anthony's head that he tried his best to push away, and pretend that it had never existed, but it kept popping up again when he least wanted it to—and so he was forced to consider the possibility, much to his own distaste.

Anthony was surprisingly close to actually saying 'no.' out loud, but stopped himself from doing it. Right! Time to go to sleep! Thoughts and feelings can't bother him when he's asleep. And then hopefully by the morning he'll absolutely forget ever having lamented this and he'll be better off having forgotten!

It was a bit early in the morning, but not unusually so when Elijah woke. He felt a bit stiff from an awkward position on the sofa but he stretched and walked into the bedroom. He leaned over and delicately nudged his shoulder. "Sorry to wake you but.. would you like breakfast?"

Anthony damn near had a heart attack when Elijah woke him, and immediately all the thoughts from last night came rushing back to his head as he woke. Wow! Terrible! "...It's fine," he stuttered after a moment of just staring at the man who he hated/liked. "if you don't mind making it, I guess." The more he can spend time not looking at Elijah and being reminded of the fact that he probably has a crush, the better.

Elijah gave him a somewhat still drowsy smile. "Don't fret, if I didn't want to do it, I wouldn't have asked. But I am happy to have breakfast with you. "He went to start breakfast and hummed softly as he went. "I am cooking eggs..' He said back to him from the kitchen.