By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-23-2020

Anthony was fairly sure that his heart skipped a beat as he noticed that Elijah was suddenly very calm, and it didn't take him too long to figure out he'd fallen asleep. And now Anthony was panicking again, though for an entirely different reason than before—it took him way too long to be able to relax enough to (albeit unintentionally) also fall asleep.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-23-2020

It was only a few hours later when a noise echoed throughout the home. Some might call it an annoying sound or the devil's cough. It didn't matter, Elijah was up with a start to locate it,not realizing he had a man sleeping against him until he was on his feet. He looked back in shock and horror .

"I am so sorry! " He turned his head to hunt the source of the noise."Diane has a hairball."

Anthony basically just jolted awake as soon as Elijah got up, looking up at him in mild confusion, which subsided when Elijah explained himself and Anthony himself heard that god-awful noise. That was very bad timing on Diane's part and Anthony was kind of bitter about it, but not for very long.

He doesn't know what that means but it doesn't sound very good. "Oh. Okay."

Elijah looked embarrassed as he found the spot and cleaned it up. After washing his hands, he returned and looked at Anthony. " Sorry about that. Hope she didn't ruin the illusion of her perfection." He smiled timidly and sat beside him. "Oh.. a-and sorry for .. falling asleep on you. I hope I didn't bother you. It must have been such an annoyance." He hung his head.

"Only a little bit," Anthony smiled, a bit too tired for his usual cocky grins and all that. Did the cat have to start hacking and coughing like that right in the middle of his sleep cycle? He glanced away for a moment when Elijah sat down next to him again. "It's fine, really. Not an annoyance. I don't mind at all." Anthony was unsure as to whether he wants this to happen again or if he's had enough of this for a lifetime, but he leaned towards the former, unbeknowst to perhaps even himself.

"Thank you for being understanding.." Elijah smiled but then put a hand to his forehead."But now I'm even more tired. Do you want me to get you the blanket and pillow so you can be comfortable?" He gestured to the sofa. "I think we both could use some better sleep.." He stood to go change for bed and get the items if Anthony wanted them.

"Oh—uh, no thank you," Anthony said. On one hand, it's not like he'll fall asleep anyways after being awakened like this, and on the other, it's not like he could fall asleep with all these thoughts swirling inside his head and keeping him awake. Anthony looked away from Elijah. So instead of going back to sleep, he's probably just going to lament about all his feelings and emotions and why the hell he's feeling them and probably not going to come to any conclusion.

"Oh?" Elijah looked uneasy as he was sure it was his fault the man wouldn't sleep well. "I mean.. if it isn't a regular thing. You can take the bed tonight. I'll sleep here. It's my fault you aren't able to get a good night's rest. Is that better?" He had no real issues with the sofa for an occasional night. "Or maybe I can get you something warm to drink to help you relax and sleep?"

And now Anthony was in full panic mode again, but for an entirely different reason than he had been before. "It's not your fault, really," Anthony stuttered. "you don't need to do anything for me, I'm fine. Really." And the first offer Elijah gave him certainly didn't help with the feelings Anthony was planning on lamenting about and unpacking later—quite the opposite, really.

Elijah looked surprised that the man was nervous. He thought he understood why and quickly shook his head. "N-no. I mean.. I fell asleep on you and then jumped up with such a start. It couldn't be easy for your night. I know I don't need to. But I want to, please?" He closed his hands together as he looked at Anthony. He was nearly begging for him to help him sleep. He didn't want his guest to be too polite that he have a bad night.