By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-22-2020

Thank god that Elijah (probably) didn't notice his gay panicking. "I just...talk a lot, sometimes," Anthony said, trying to explain the joke but it quickly became apparent that no self-deprecating was allowed in this house. It seemed that Elijah's smile was contagious, though, as Anthony soon after found himself also smiling. "I mean, if you want to listen to me talk then I guess I can still do it, though." He laughed quietly.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-22-2020

The relief that he was smiling again was clear. Elijah didn't like to hide his feelings, he hid too much as it was. He was quick to nod, "oh yes. Please, feel free to speak about anything. I find it very cathartic to speak your mind whenever you can. And I don't think you can say anything that could upset me." That was a lie, as there was plenty that could bother the constable but he didn't expect anything of the sort from Anthony.

"I guess it's just kind of hard for me to just talk about a thing when told to," Anthony shrugged. There were definitely way too many things on his mind for him to be able to coherently talk about all those things. "But, well, here's a good and harmless topic, I think: your cat is cute?" He laughed again. He really could not think of anything to speak about, but he didn't want to disappoint Elijah. So a half-assed joke it is.

He wasn't sure what was going to be said but going to the safest topic of all, Diane, made him laugh. He shook his head. "No no, you are quite alright. That is a perfectly safe topic that we both agree on. She is the cutest." He reached down to pet her and smiled. "And please, don't force yourself to talk. If you wish to speak of anything, don't hesitate. But I won't be upset if you don't know what to say. Am I not somewhat guilty of that myself right now?"

With that thought, Anthony poked Diane on the top of her head and giggled, before turning his focus back to Elijah. He liked making him laugh. Maybe it was just because he didn't like seeing him be sad? Whatever. The 'why' of it wasn't really important right now."I guess you are a bit guilty, but I don't fault you for that. I mean, I guess I won't try and force myself to talk when I don't have anything to say," he shrugged. "and I expect you to do the same." The question had a slightly inquisitive and mischievous tone to it, allowing Elijah to either accept or deny that or even think it to be a joke, rather safely. Better safe than sorry, of course.

"Sounds fair." Elijah smiled then seemed in thought and then leaned in close to him. He lowered his voice to a conspiratorial level. "How about a promise? We can talk about anything and the other isn't allowed to judge or leave this house. As long as it isn't something terribe like .. like murder?" His thoughts went back to Simon and the memory settled painfully in his gut. He tried to shake off the terrible thought, if Anthony had done anything like that... Well, he didn't want to know. He'd prefer ignorance.

Anthony blinked in brief confusion as Elijah lowered his voice and leaned in closer to him, but he listened regardless. "Alright. Promise," Anthony confirmed. It sounded good enough. Not being judged was something Anthony wasn't very used to, but he was very willing to give it a try. He bit his lip almost on instinct when Elijah mentioned murder—of course, he himself hadn't murdered anyone before so he's probably safe, but it still made him a bit anxious. He tried not to dwell on the thought. "as long as it isn't something terrible."

Elijah leaned back on his hand and seemed in thought. He had said and done some terrible things in his own mind. "Fair enough. Everyone is allowed their secrets. This house will just be a .. a safe place."

"That sounds good to me," Anthony smiled again. "I won't judge you for anything and I'd like to think you won't judge me either." He shrugged, looking away from Elijah for a moment, then looked back, feeling....tense. Time for more half-assed jokes because that always works. "Unless you really want to."

Elijah smiled and nudged him playfully. "Don't be ridiculous. What could you have possibly done to make me ignore the good I've seen in you so far? You seem very nice and polite and have tried hard to think of my feelings. I can't fathom any horrible things that I'd have to worry about judging."