By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-22-2020

"Well, I'll let you know if I do, then," Anthony said. "but, uh, right now I'm good. Thanks." He was unsure of what he should do, especially now that he's finished eating. Part of him wanted to stay here and keep talking with Elijah, another part of him wanted to be very alone and think about all his thoughts. Choices, choices.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-22-2020

Elijah noticed he had finished and picked their bowls up to wash. "I'd enjoy the fire, it'll die out before you know it." He was trying to be helpful as the man didn't seem to mind the cold but it wasn't very good for him.

He sighed heavily though as he started to wash up , wanting the time to himself just as much as moments like this made him feel very much like a failure.

Anthony nodded. "I'll.....go enjoy it, then," he said, watching as Elijah disappeared yet again to go wash the bowls up. Anthony took this as an opportunity to sit back on the sofa again, looking at the fire, supporting his head with one of his hands and thinking. He wasn't very sure of what to think of this—he felt somehow that he himself was at fault for....something, but he couldn't think of what. The thoughts ate away at him. He wished that he could just...will them away like that.

It didn't take long for him to finish washing up, but he didn't hurry back in. He didn't know what to say or do. He leaned against a counter and rest his palms on it as he stared down at the floor. In the other room, Diane had curled up with Anthony again since he'd returned.

Anthony glanced at Diane for a brief moment, then turned back to the fire, stroking the cat's head absently. Though he knew that right now he didn't really have anything to worry about, he still couldn't help but worry. The previous conversation made him feel pretty awkward and anxious, and he only hoped that Elijah didn't feel like that as well. For some reason, he didn't want Elijah to feel bad. What an unusual thing for him to want. Anthony furrowed his brow, looking at the fire intently.

Elijah finally returned as he couldn't just hide in the kitchen. He sat on the sofa and looked at the man he liked to call friend. "I am sorry if anything I said during dinner was.. upsetting. I didn't mean to pry into your personal life. I was just curious about you, since I know next to nothing. I only meant to learn more about you, but I suppose I'll find out more about you in time, I don't mind the journey.'

Anthony turned his head to face Elijah, all animosity gone from his face immediately. "It's fine, you didn't upset me," Anthony reassured him. "I just don't.. like talking about my family that much. But it's fine and not your fault. If you want to learn anything about me, then you can just ask. I seriously won't be upset. At all." His anxiety must have acted up a lot while he was speaking, as he stuttered a bit more than he did usually. But everything he said was genuine—he seriously didn't mind telling Elijah about anything he wanted to know. It's just that some questions get more of a reaction out of him than others. Really.

When he sounded anxious, Elijah put a hand on his to calm him. "It's alright. I can't honestly think of anything too specific. I have a better idea. If there's anything you want to talk about, feel free. I love to listen. But more than anything else, I want you to feel relaxed and sort of at home. I don't mean to force anything upon you, I promise."

Anthony's heart probably stopped for a moment when Elijah put his hand on his. "I know you don't," he managed to say, somehow. Anthony couldn't think of any topic he could rant about and forget that this ever happened, for better or for worse. "I...guess I don't have anything special to talk about, really. Count yourself lucky." Nothing like a bit of self-deprecating, terrible humor to help a situation like this. Not like it needed helping, but...

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "I think it isn't lucky. I would love to hear you speak about anything. Whether it was your past or something you felt passionate about.. Like when we spot about animals at the bar. " He held up his hands defensively and smiled. "I am a perfect example that it can't happen naturally, I just still like to keep the idea open."