By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-22-2020

Anthony is glad that....Elijah's glad. He looked for a moment at Elijah as the latter hurried back into the kitchen, and thought no more of it, taking a small sip from his cup with an almost inaudible sigh. He hoped that the million thoughts and feelings flying through his head were not too obvious.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-22-2020

After giving the other man plenty of time with his thoughts, Elijah returned with almost a sing song tilt to his voice. "Dinner time." He put down the two bowls at the small table and sat, waiting for Anthony to join him. He was really feeling spoiled having someone to eat with every night. He started to dig in since the last time, waiting made them both just sit there.

Anthony almost spilled his wine on the sofa when Elijah returned. Putting his cup away, Anthony joined Elijah at the table, sitting down and eating whatever Elijah had prepared—he didn't really care at this point. Anthony occassionally glanced at Elijah, very clearly thinking yet again. How odd that he's grown to like this person who he knows absolutely nothing about this much. He didn't dwell on it.

Elijah started to eat, but realized how quiet it was. He glanced over and fell into deep thought as he stared at the man who somehow quickly cemented himself into his life. He couldn't guarantee how long this would last but so far he was enjoying the ride. Still, he was bothered enough that he had to speak up. There was a strong desire to know about the guy sitting before him. "I don't want to pry into personal business, but.. You come from here and have no job. You don't seem concerned about anyone worried for you. Do you .. um.. not have any family?"

Anthony took an instant dislike to this new topic, looking away from Elijah, hoping that his uncomfortableness wasn't too obvious. "Uh, well, not really," he said after a moment of being silent. He had no siblings, didn't know his father, and his mother...he would rather not even think about her. If luck is on his side then she's probably dead by now. Anthony's anxiety reappeared as suddenly as it had vanished before, and he wished he could see what Elijah was thinking. Did he not believe him? Was there something off with his story? He didn't know what he was feeling, now, but most of those feelings weren't very good.

Elijah gave an understanding nod. "i'm sorry to hear that. I'm an orphan myself, my parents died when I was a boy and I was raised by my grandparents until they passed just before I went to school to be a constable. I certainly can sympathize."

That was....a bit comforting. Not the fact that Elijah's parents were dead, but that he could sympathize with him. "I'm....sorry about that," Anthony said, unsure of what to say when your friend has said that his entire family is dead. He hoped this response was fitting enough.

The topic was a sad one, but he wanted to let the other know the truth. It had been so long ago, and he certainly thought of them enough, it wasn't something he became choked up to talk about as it once had been. "Thank you, it was a long time ago now. So, if I may ask.. have you had to live on your own for a very long time?" The mental image of Anthony on the street scraping for food made him think of a child or two he'd met and his heart ached to help this man more than he'd already started.

Anthony thought for a moment, trying to figure out whether it was actually a long time or not. Seemed to pass by pretty fast for him. "I guess you could say that," Anthony shrugged. He hadn't really thought about his life in the 'woe is me, my life is horrid and I lack privileges' way, he had just accepted it as it was. His parents didn't care about him, he was poor, scrappy and hungry, being on the streets and all that. It had just been his life for so long that it was just normal fornhim. He can't imagine living in any other way.

Elijah stared at Anthony as his eyes widened slightly. He was like the poor animal in the street that just needed a home and love to thrive. "Stay here as much as you need. You are always welcome, my friend. I can't open my door to everyone I meet, though I wish I could. But I can certainly do it for you."