By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-22-2020

Anthony's grin faltered in brief confusion as the conversation took another sudden turn, but he accepted it quickly as it became apparent it was nothing to worry about. Elijah seemed to be a busy man, he didn't fault him at all for this. "See you tonight, then," Anthony smiled yet again, watching Elijah rush to the door. Well, so that's that. At least he'll have the house to himself for most of today. Time to steal all of Elijah's silverware.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-22-2020

Elijah spent the day actually excited to go home and have someone waiting for him. The ideas of it being a con had long left his suspicions and he spent the day in good cheer.

The day ran long though he did try to end early, even if just to go home to make dinner but it was impossible. It had long been dark by the time he made his way home. He hoped Anthony made a fire rather than shiver in his home. He opened the door to find he'd been robbed blind and said a cheerful greeting before actually stepping in and looking around.

While Elijah was gone, Anthony conjured up an amazing plan—every day that he is here, he will steal one piece of cutlery, until Elijah notices. Just for good fun. So far he had managed to take one entire fork for himself. But that number would grow, he was certain of that.

Anthony is not very smart though and did spend most of the day shivering without a fire. When Elijah returned, Anthony was lying on the sofa, holding a book and looking at intently as if looking hard enough would make him actually understand what's written there. Glancing towards Elijah's direction as he returned, Anthony put down the book. "Hey, Elijah," he greeted.

Elijah couldn't contain the joy seeing his new friend had indeed stayed there and hadn't vanished. Even more so the house was the way he'd left it, at least as far as he could see.

"Its a bit dark and cold. Do you know how to make a fire?" It seemed the most logical question  at first. He lit an oil lamp and then prepared the fire to light it, all the while the madam of the house yowled in his ear for her dinner. He glanced over his shoulder towards Anthony. 

"Want to have her really love you forever? In the ice box I have some chopped up fish and liver scraps. Give that to her in a bowl for me?"

Anthony's used to both the dark and the cold so this was not as much of a big deal for him than it probably was for Elijah. At his question, he just shrugged, watching as he lit the oil lamp and prepared to light the fire so closely that it suggested that Anthony probably didn't know how to light a fire. Well, he's survived this long without that skill so who cares.

Anthony resisted the ever so strong urge to yowl right back at Diane. Now that the high of meeting a new cat had worn off, he was certainly much less excited than before, but still very happy because of the cat. Perhaps so happy that he almost tripped over his feet heading to the kitchen as Elijah told him to, and proceeded to—very carefully, for this was a matter of utmost importance, after all—prepare Diane her dinner. 

When Elijah had turned to speak, he hadn't expected the other man to be so close. He was glad to give him the task so that he would be busy. He focused on the fire so he could calm himself after being surprised. He heard Diane give a happy meow as she realized her dinner was being made. He only moved from the hearth once there was a good bit of flame. He stood back and nodded to himself before removing his coat and rubbed his gloves together on his way to the washroom. "The fire is made if you want to warm up.."

Anthony eventually emerged with Diane's dinner, which he presented to her. She seemed to be pleased enough with it, as she ate it. Which was an absolute victory for him. Tilting his head a bit in Elijah's direction as the latter spoke again, Anthony nodded yet again. "Awesome," he said, clapping his hands and clasping them together for a moment before going to sit down again and look at the fire. Not even necessarily warm up near it, just look at it. this is what boredom does to a man

Elijah returned only minutes later, his gloves and shirt changed. As he walked through the room, he knelt down to pet Diane quickly. She was too occupied with dinner to respond. He stood by the sofa and looked down at Anthony. "How was your day? I saw you reading..' He picked up the book and smiled. "Oh, are you enjoying The Strange Case of Jekyll and Hyde?"

Anthony shrugged. "It was fine. Boring, though," he said, turning his attention away from the fire and back to Elijah, and then at the book as soon as he mentioned it. "I guess. I don't know, really." Trying to 'read' a book when you can't fucking read gets really boring and frustrating after a while.

Elijah felt bad that he had no good way to entertain his new friend. "I'm really sorry. I wish I knew a good way to keep you occupied. I mean, you can go out any time you want, you're not locked in here. If there's anything I can do to help keep you from getting bored, let me know. " He was disappointed that he didn't enjoy the book, but wasn't about to discuss it if it wasn't for him. "Well.. how about I start dinner then? At least.. that's something, right?"