By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-22-2020

Anthony nodded aloofly. "Yeah, it's good," he said, resuming his eating yet again. The awkwardness of this situation was probably going to kill him at this point, but it's fine. It's fiiine, really. Nothing like a horrible and awkward silence between two friends, yeah?

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-22-2020

Elijah nodded but the heavy silence was too much. He cleared his throat softly, " So ah.. Will you be coming back today?" He almost asked if he'd be leaving but that sounded far worse in his mind. He certainly had no idea what this man's life was like though he assumed he was unemployed by their conversation the night before.

"Not if you don't want me to," Anthony shrugged. He was planning on leaving in a bit of time, anyways—and he wouldn't have minded being asked to leave. And he hadn't actually thought about coming back until Elijah had mentioned it. But he was going to finish eating before leaving anyways so who cares.

Elijah shook his head. "I'm grateful for the company. You could have stayed all day but I figured you had things to do and my home must be rather boring besides Diane. I was just wondering if I should pick something up in the market today .. If you'd be here."

So it has been decided—he'll be staying for at least a bit of time. Not like he had anything he needed to do today, and being alone wasn't something he wanted right now. And Elijah didn't forbid him from staying which was a plus. "Maybe a bit boring," Anthony shrugged. "but if you like me so much then I guess I can stay." He smiled all innocently, though he would be staying whether or not Elijah truly liked him so much.

Elijah glanced up and seemed to consider his words. He shrugged and gave a nod with a sincere smile. "I suppose I do." 'I truly don't know much about you, but I feel we have enough in common that I enjoy your company's thought but didn't say. He also certainly couldn't believe a cat lover could be all that bad. "I have a couple of books if you're too bored. If you help me keep the house in shape you can stay as long as you like as far as I'm concerned. I do enjoy your presence."

Anthony didn't actually expect Elijah to like him, and it caught him a bit offguard at first, but he reveled in the attention. "Well, isn't that just great, as I happen to like you too," he grinned. What a fun coincidence that was. "Much appreciated—and I'll help you with the house, alright." Anthony wasn't exactly very good at keeping things all tidy and neat but he'll sure as hell try.

"Really?" He was surprised that Anthony liked him as well. He had felt that he appreciated the meal and was really there for the cat. Perhaps it was still true, but he was also liked? It made him feel the warmth of a new friendship.

"It is just us so there isn't much that needs to be cleaned. I usually pay to get the laundry done so you don't need to worry about that at all."

Anthony smiled. "Well, yeah," he said. From the short time they've known eachother, Anthony's grown to like Elijah quite a bit, and it was even better to know that the feeling's mutual. Maybe he just liked having his ego stroked or maybe he did, actually like Elijah.

"Then I won't worry about it," Anthony shrugged. He wasn't really going to worry about it anyways but now that he's allowed to not worry, he moet certainly won't.

Elijah looked embarassed to be so happy about something most people experienced all the time. He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled about to say something but stopped.

"Is that the time? I am sorry, I have to run. I guess I'll see you tonight. If you need me though I'll be somewhere in town." He shrugged but glanced at Anthony and waved as he put the empty bowl in the sink and grabbed his jacket, hurrying to the door.