By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-21-2020

Anthony woke up later than Elijah (though still also in the morning), definitely taking advantage of this situation for as long as he could. As he awakened, though, he did so in basically full panic mode before he remembered what happened last night. Oh. Yeah. False alarm. Stretching, Anthony looked around, seeing the cat who was napping, away from him. So he has been abandoned yet again. Like a smart man would, Anthony took this brief moment of being alone as an excuse to lounge on the sofa and look at things he could steal.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-21-2020

Elijah poked his head over from the kitchen. "Oh, you're awake! I was going to see if you were hungry and wanted to eat breakfast with me before I left." He smiled cheerfully. "It's some porridge and bacon."

Anthony sure as hell is awake enough to not refuse anything free. Besides, he wouldn't say no to eating breakfast with Elijah. Though they had known eachother for a pitifully short time, Anthony quite liked him already. "Well, I won't say no," he smiled.

Elijah couldn't help but smile huge and nodded. "Join me after washing up. Would you like tea or something else? I have milk. I might have something else." He was already putting on some extra bacon on the stove to cook quickly for his friend.

"I'll join you in a moment, then," Anthony said, standing up and stretching, trying to subtly figure out where he should go to wash up, "and tea works just fine." He didn't even like tea but, whatever, he'll bear this pain if so needed. After a few moments of inconspicuously trying to figure out where the fuck he should go and what the fuck he should do, he figured it out and managed to wash up and make his way back, all in one piece. Another victory for Anthony.

There was a bowl of porridge on the table for him and a small plate with a couple of pieces of bacon. He placed his cup of tea down along with some milk and sugar if he wanted to add it. He sat across from him and watched him, politely waiting for him to sit before he began to eat.

Anthony sat down, looking at the food and then at Elijah and then back at the food and then back at Elijah, totally unsure of whether he should start eating or not or if that would be impolite or something. The food looked good, but he waited for Elijah to do something before he himself even tried to do something. He definitely wasn't used to a breakfast as fancy as this. Well, it wasn't fancy, really, but for Anthony it was.

Elijah sat and noticed that the food wasn't being touched. He rose his brow and after another moment that felt forever, he had to speak. "Is... everything alright? You're not eating.."

"What? Yeah. Everything's alright," Anthony said, taking this as confirmation that he can eat now. Losing a friend for not eating seemed like the stupidest fucking thing which he didn't want to happen, and plus he just really wanted to eat something at this point, so this was fine and good. Albeit a bit awkward.

"Oh, that's good. Sorry, I just wanted to make sure the food was alright." Elijah smiled as he started to dig in. He was quiet as he didn't want to interrupt his eating and he still knew so little about this guy that he didn't want to bother him with questions or acting too familiar, best to be careful.