By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=190)

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-20-2020

Anthony glanced briefly at the cat as Elijah stroked it's hesr, and then turned his attention back to the latter. Though the wording of the sentence confused him for a brief moment, the meaning behind it was not lost to him, and he smiled in appreciation. "I mean, there's a lot of reasons why not a lot of people would want to be friends with me, but I won't deny a compliment," he said. "I guess I'm happy about it as well, Elijah."

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-20-2020

Elijah finished his tea off but didn't get up to clean it yet. He looked to his new friend, "I don't know why anyone would avoid being your friend, but I don't need to. If it comes up, I'll deal with it then. Until then, it doesn't matter. You seem like a man with a good heart. That's what matters to me. I hope we can keep seeing the good in each other and any imperfections are easy to forgive." He smiled brightly and would have lifted his tea if it wasn't empty.

Honestly, he was truly elated that he'd found a new friend and it would be hard for him to not seek him out to have someone to be friendly with when he found himself lonely which was far too often.

Being called a man with a good heart was certainly new and unusual for Anthony—he was more used to being called a bastard and a blackguard, but this was fine too. "Well, you certainly seem to be a man with a better heart than mine, but I won't argue," Anthony said, gently poking Diane on her head, eliciting a small 'mrrp' from her. "but if it does happen that you are somehow imperfect, I'll be sure to turn a blind eye to it."

Elijah nodded, "trust me, I'm very imperfect. I'm still happy to hear that though, and i do hope if you ever see any of my many problems, you keep your word. I promise to do the same. Deal?" He held out his hand to shake his, certainly not the one that was petting his cat at the moment though.

"Deal." Anthony shook Elijah's hand, flashing a brief smile at him. To be fair, Anthony probably won't really care about any imperfections Elijah has—as long as he's alright, then who cares, right? No use judging someone over those little things. "I'd be a hypocrite not to accept that deal, really," he laughed softly.

Elijah shrugged. "Neither of us know how even this deal is, but we shook on it. So we have to hold true to it. That's the right thing to do. And I am a man of my word." He smiled and looked delighted at the turn of events. He stood finally to go wash his cup. "If you wish another cup of tea or something to snack on, don't hesitate to ask. you are my guest after all."

This didn't seem too bad of a deal to be true to. It's just basically looking away when you see the other being weird, yeah? He can do that. He can do that just fine. "As am I, more often than not," Anthony said, watching as Elijah stood up to go wash his cup off. What an admirable man. "Well, I wouldn't be opposed to eating something." He's not going to throw away a chance to get free food.

Elijah gave a soft 'alright' to show he'd heard him. He washed the cup before looking around for something to give his new friend without having to make too much of a mess cooking. He then looked delighted as he sat beside him and held out a small dish with a couple of biscuits on them. "I got these yesterday, they are pretty good. Sorry, I had dinner already and didn't wish to cook. If it isn't good enough I can try to make something quickly.' He clearly was hopeful though that the man was alright with just the small treat.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Anthony Rowe - 01-21-2020

Bold of you to assume Anthony gives a shit about what exactly he gets to eat. "Don't worry about it," Anthony said, accepting the dish with a brief smile. He wasn't rude enough as to force Elijah to cook something for him—this was already more than he had really expected or wanted from him. And they sure as hell tasted better than he expected or was used to, anyway, so it's not like he much wanted him to cook something for him, even if his morals would allow it.

RE: Strange thing, mystifying - Elijah Crane - 01-21-2020

Elijah looked relieved as he relaxed in his spot beside his guest. "Thank you. I know it isn't much." He gave a small smile and realized how late it was. "Ah, if you want you can just stay the night. It's very late. I'll get you a pillow and a blanket."