By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Running out of time - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Elsewhere (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Memories and Introspection (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Running out of time (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Running out of time - Elijah Crane - 01-12-2020

Elijah nodded. "I was going to keep out an eye anyway. He kept playing it off that he only did it to you due to how things progressed, but I know his anger. I'll try to stick as close as I can to make sure they all remain alright. And you know you can send me letters to her, I will deliver them to her alone. You can trust me, Simon, don't worry about that."

RE: Running out of time - Jack - 01-12-2020

"He doesn't beat t' others the way he beats me." Simon said. "But I feel I don't know him anymore. And I just don't know what will happen." He looked at Elijah gratefully. "Thank you for lookin' out for them. I erm... I wanna go and see someone. If he's there, I'll stay there, but come before I leave, probably the day after tomorrow. If not... I'd appreciate it if I could stay here until then... Is that okay?"

Elijah nodded as he completely understood Simon's worries. But the mention of there being someone made him surprised. He wouldn't ask though, it was Simon's privacy and he would respect it. "Alright, and you don't need to even ask. I told you, you are welcome here. Just stay safe and try to keep out of trouble." He smiled weakly at him. "I really hope you can get out and live the life you were hoping for."

Simon nodded. "It will be alright..." he said. "I will come see you, either way." He looked at Elijah with thankfulness. "Thank you, Elijah. For everything you've done for me. And..." He rubbed his chin, looking somewhat embarrassed. "I'm sorry I've been a jerk sometimes..."

Elijah nodded and smiled. He reached for him but stopped and dropped his hand. "Good, please do. I will be very upset and worried if you leave without saying goodbye in the least." He had so many questions and concerns for Simon, but found himself only happy that things seemed to be going in a better direction for him. "I have been happy to help and only am sorry I couldn't do more." He blinked and waved him off, looking embarrassed. "You've had a lot going on. You know that.. some things.. I can relate to. And certainly you have been keeping a lot of secrets that make it more.. difficult for you. I'm sure it has bottled up and made you explode at me, better than someone else who would retaliate, right?"

Simon let out a soft cheerless laugh. "I can't tell you how tempting it is to annoy him..." He gave Elijah a small smile. "Thanks for ... being kind. I'll be on my way then."

Elijah chuckled softly and nodded as he watched him go. "I am serious though, stay out of trouble and be safe. You don't need to get money or wander around dangerous areas. So keep your head up and soon you'll be free."

"I'll go straight there, and back if he's not there." Simon promised. And he left, but he was in fact back after half an hour, knocking on Elijah's door.

Elijah wasn't sure if he'd be back so he was relaxing for the night. The knock made him race for the door and he looked out. "Oh, Simon. Come in." He opened the door wide to let him inside.

"Thanks." Simon entered. He was disappointed Zech wasn't there, but maybe it was for the best. He'd prefer if the young barrister did not see what his father had done to him. The last time he had not responded well. And it was humiliating altogether. He would write to Zech and go to York and get a place for the first few days with the money he had and then hope Zech could help him out until he found a job. Then they could begin a new life and all would be well at last.

"Does the offer still stand?"