By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Running out of time - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Elsewhere (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Memories and Introspection (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Running out of time (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Running out of time - Elijah Crane - 01-12-2020

Elijah looked relieved to see them. "I'm back. Ben admits he shouldn't have hit you, Simon." He looked at him and frowned showing a little confusion but wasn't sure what to say in front of Anne. "I know you can't say everything. But how come you haven't told Ben your wish.. about.. " he gestured in the general direction of York.

RE: Running out of time - Jack - 01-12-2020

Simon scoffed when Elijah delivered the message. He didn't believe one word of that. "I did tell him. Had little choice when he found the money. Sound like he's been tellin' ye a lot of bullshit."
Anne grasped.

Elijah sighed and folded his arms. "He could have forgotten in his anger. I don't want to think he's actually lying on purpose. But it makes sense. He said some pretty harsh things about you, things that surprised me. If you don't want to go home, Simon. You know I understand and you can stay here until you get things together. But I ask you at least say goodbye to him. Alright?"

RE: Running out of time - Anne Ward - 01-12-2020

Anne opened her mouth and suddenly looked up at Simon with big eyes. "Are you going away?" she asked.

Simon had been about to say something nasty about his father to Elijah, when he heard Anne and closed his eyes for a moment. He knelt down in front of her and took her arms. "Not forever," he told her. "And I'll write. I'll find a job there and get a home, and then once I'm settled, you can come visit. And I'll come and see you and the others. I promise that. But it will be better for everyone. Father and I won't fight anymore."

Anne slowly nodded.

"But you have to promise me one thing, Anne." He took her chin and looked her in the eye. "You cannot tell father yet. Just like you don't want him to know you came here. Can you promise me that? It's really important."

Anne nodded again, though she teared up, and she flung herself at her brother to embrace him, making Simon grasp and twist his face. She quickly let go. "Sorry."

Elijah looked down sadly and knelt to Anne. "I am sorry I couldn't tell you that I knew. I do agree, it would be good for Simon to be away for a while. I am hoping this helps everyone."

He looked at Simon. "Are you alright? Are you sure you don't want a doctor? "

Simon nodded at Elijah.
"I took a cloth to clean 'im, Elijah. Sorry, I didn't ask..." Anne said. She looked at Simon sadly. "You promise you'll write."
"Of course!"

Elijah smiled weakly and patted Anne's head. "You can use anything in my house you need to if it is to help someone. Don't worry." He looked at Simon and gestured to the room. "If you want, I can set up the sofa so you can stay the night if you have no where else to go."

RE: Running out of time - Anne Ward - 01-12-2020

Simon nodded at Elijah. He needed to discuss something, but not in front of Anne. He took Anne's arms again. "Listen, Anne. I need you to go to Maggie's now. Listen carefully. I want you to tell her what happened. And tell her I told you to go there and that she must cover for you. If father asks where you've been, you tell him you went to Maggie's. Can you do that?" The girl nodded. "You must go now. I promise I will see you before I go." He didn't know if he could fulfill that promise, but he would make up for it once he was settled in York. "Remember. Not a word." Anne nodded. She almost hugged him again, but stopped herself in time, and instead she put her hands on both sides of his head and put her forehead against his. Simon closed his eyes and swallowed, gently squeezing her arms. Then Anne let go and turned to Elijah.
"Thank you, Elijah. We'd be lost without you."

It was probably true.

Anne turned and left for her sister's home, as Simon had instructed her.

Elijah smiled weakly. "I do all I can to help people. Especially those I care about, and you know I care for all very much. Stay safe, Anne. I hope we can talk again soon."

He waved as she left, but felt worried what Simon needed to discuss alone. He took his time before looking at the young man. "What is it, Simon?" The promise that he could be turned to in need still stood, but Simon always seemed full of secrets and surprises so he wasn't sure what would come up now.

Simon slowly stood up. "I think they will be alright. But I would appreciate if you would keep an eye out, Elijah. Once father realizes I've left... I'm not sure what will happen. Especially should he find out Rose and Anne knew about it. He wouldn't..." He shook his head. "But... I'd be much more at ease if you'd keep an eye out. And I was hoping that I could send letters to you for Rose, and she can give you letters for me."