By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Running out of time - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Elsewhere (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Memories and Introspection (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Running out of time (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Running out of time - Elijah Crane - 01-19-2020

Elijah perked up a little and nodded. "Okay, as long as you promise." He smiled at him, "I'll look for her. I'm heading out, see you, Simon."

RE: Running out of time - Jack - 01-19-2020

When Elijah was gone, Simon found some paper and a pen and wrote a letter to Zech. He then found the money Elijah had shown him and went to the station, to buy his ticket.

He was admittedly nervous when queuing. He had dreamed of this moment for so long, but now that it had arrived, he felt anxious and even hesitant. He hated this town, and yet it was the only place he had ever known, and he also had many precious memories here. He was about to embark on a new stage of life that was thoroughly unfamiliar. He had held it up as the only hope he clung onto for so long... but what if it would turn out to be disappointing. What if he couldn't find work. What if the relationship with Zech would not work out? What there wouldn't be that 'place for him' in York that he had imagined?

And then it was his turn and he bought his ticket. Relief washed over him when he stood outside the station. Whatever the future held, he had taken the first step and he would see where it would lead him. He would be free to make his own choices at least. And could it be any worse than life here had become? Eventually, he would find a place where he belonged, even if he would have to face adversity first. Life here had been endlessly the same, with no hope of improvement. Now he had taken his first step into the world of possibility.

Simon posted his letter and returned to Elijah's place, but he found himself pacing, rather than resting. Why was he so restless?

It was hours later when Elijah dropped by the place. He was surprised to see Simon wide awake. "Everything alright ? "

Simon nodded. "Did you manage to speak to Rose?"

Elijah frowned and held up a hand. "I hadn't seen her her, but I will look again. I just stopped to see if every thing went well."

Simon nodded. "I'll come with ye." He couldn't stand being inside alone. It made him feel trapped and nervous. He should be happy and excited, but there was some undefined misgiving in the back of his mind.

"I certainly don't mind the company." He opened the door for him so they could begin to walk. "Where would you like to go first to look for her?" He knew to keep an eye out as the last thing he wanted right now was for Ben to make a scene.

Simon put his jacket on. "It's Monday... She's either at the beach of home, washin'. Let's try home, first, before father gets back, and if she's not there, we might meet her on t' way to the beach."

Elijah nodded and led the way. "Sounds good. Let's hope she is there." He tried to walk slow but he was eager to find her and help Simon get his dream come true.

They reached the yard. The door to their cottage was open and steam was coming out of it. Anne just came out, carrying a bucket.
"Simon!"
Alice and Rose poked their head around the door.
"Ye've been a bloody fool! An' Elijah's not allowed to come 'ere!" Alice shouted.