By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Running out of time - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Elsewhere (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Memories and Introspection (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Running out of time (/showthread.php?tid=183)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Running out of time - Elijah Crane - 01-12-2020

Elijah tilted his head. "Of course. I said any time, and I meant it. You need a place and I would never dream of pushing you out. "He waved his hand so that the man could get comfortable by the fire. "I'll get you a blanket and some night clothes."

RE: Running out of time - Jack - 01-12-2020

"Thanks," he said. He closed the door and sat down. It wasn't the first time he had slept on Elijah's sofa. But he hoped it would be the last time. He hoped Anne would be true and keep quiet.

RE: Running out of time - Elijah Crane - 01-13-2020

Elijah came in a moment later with a blanket and pillow. He had some soft pajamas sitting on top and handed them over. "You change and get some sleep. If you're here when I wake, I'll make us breakfast." He smiled a little, trying to silently tell Simon he didn't have to run. It felt like Simon never wanted to rely on anyone. Elijah wanted him to just relax a little so badly.

RE: Running out of time - Jack - 01-14-2020

Simon took the items, but frowned at the comment. "Of course I'll be here. I wouldn't leave like a thief in the night, without saying goodbye, would I?"

RE: Running out of time - Elijah Crane - 01-14-2020

Elijah smiled sheepishly. "Well, I know you are stressed with a lot on your mind. You might have if you felt you were in a hurry or became nervous about Ben finding you here. But you know I'd protect you from him, if I had to. I don't want you getting hurt again." He lost his smile as he eyed the damage on his face and shook his head. "I am sorry he did that much to you. I never imagined.." he sighed and turned. "I'll let you rest. I'm sure you need it."

RE: Running out of time - Jack - 01-14-2020

"Yeah well..." Simon sighed. "I guess its been getting worse and worse between us for so long, I have to go. If I won't either he'll kill me or I will kill him. Thanks for... helping out."

He waited until Elijah had left the room, before he changed, which wasn't easy, since lifting his arms hurt. He lay down, but couldn't fall asleep. He was too sore to find a comfortable position, and too alert. Finally, he got up and lit the candle. How he longed for a smoke. But his pipe was at home. How he longed for a drink, to help him fall asleep. He had no money on him, however, and didn't know where Elijah had put the money he had promised to keep for him. Quietly, Simon made his way to the kitchen and searched Elijah's cupboards. He could explain in the morning.

RE: Running out of time - Elijah Crane - 01-15-2020

"I understand. I completely agree with you that you should get out. I fear it escalating any more. Sleep well..." He gave him a small wave and left him to sleep.

It was impossible for him to know how long it had been, but Elijah had been sleeping when he became alert hearing something in the house. At first, he thought Diane had gotten into something. Immediately, he recalled that Simon was there. With a weary stretch, he got up and went to check on him to see if anything was amiss. "What's wrong?"

RE: Running out of time - Jack - 01-15-2020

Simon jumped and nearly dropped the candle. Disaster averted. He turned and looked at Elijah apologetically. "I'm so sorry. I would have explained to you in the morning. I couldn't sleep. I... thought if I get a drink, it'll help. I was lookin' for me money."

RE: Running out of time - Elijah Crane - 01-15-2020

Elijah tilted his head. "I would prefer if you didn't go out to drink. Simply for the fact you are in night clothes, and its dangerous this late. But here.." He dug down into a cabinet that had a couple of pots and pants and reached into the back and produced a bottle of liquor. "I got this as a graduation gift, but I never drink so I just held onto it. You can have it." He handed it to him.

"Now, follow me." He waved his hand so the younger man would hopefully do as he asked as he headed towards his bedroom.

RE: Running out of time - Jack - 01-16-2020

"I would have gotten dressed," Simon muttered sheepishly. But he was glad Elijah didn't get angry or told him off for wanting a drink. Father never let him have a drop without that leading to a fight. If he could, he would spoil the fun before it began.

When Elijah took out the bottle and handed it to him, the young man frowned. He followed Elijah into the bedroom. "Are you sure? I don't want to drink, you know... a precious memory." Well he did. Really. But he also felt bad about it. Simon looked around. Awkward.