By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=181)

RE: Safe and Sound - Jack - 01-28-2020

It was a forty minutes ride to Goathland and it had started raining in the mean time, a cruel northern wind beating the drops against the window. Nothing could be seen outside, for the moors were pitchblack in the clouded night, apart from the occasional village or hamlet.

Goathland station which happened to look exactly like Hogsmeade station was deserted. The village lay further up the road and was little more than a hamlet of two roads meeting. There was no street lighting so the only light came from the windows of the cottages. The rain was still beating down and the road was deserted.

RE: Safe and Sound - Elijah Crane - 01-28-2020

Elijah held his coat tightly and held up an arm over his head as he walked towards the village. He frowned in thought wondering where they were trying to go and why. He immediately started to knock on doors to ask if anyone had seen them when he could though he'd instantly gotten soaked to the bone and freezing.

"Aye ser." said one elderly lady. "I did see two fisher lasses this mornin'. Must have been around ten. Young women. Hardly more than children. Seemed to be arguin'. They was leavin' for t' moors. I thought they had taken the train out and was going to see family in a nearby village or so. I didn't know they was wanted."

Elijah sighed heavily. "I am most grateful, do you by chance know where the station master might be? I need to find if they did catch another train."

"Well old George does some kinda work at the station. Nobody is sure what 'e does there, and whether 'e even gets paid for it. He's an odd fellow, but not a bad un. It's t' house left from t' church, 'is 'ouse is. Though I sawyer lasses leave at the other end of town. Though I suppose they may have come back. May well be your best shot. Ye won't find them out on the moors over night. Even our folk get lost on the moors at night, ye see. Some by day. Oh but you are a constable of course. You are skilled at these things. You are pleasant to talk to ser. Would you like to come in for a cup of tea? I could tell ye all about my brother who was once lost on t' moors. Took us three days to find 'im!"

"Thank you.. I will check these options." Elijah smiled weakly. "I would adore to spend time and a cup of tea with you, ma'am but I must find them. The sooner the better. You've been a delight as well. Please have a good evening." He bowed before going in the direction the woman mentioned. There is always a chance they went into the church to shelter from the rain.

The church building was closed. The rain continued to fall steadily. There was some rumbling in the air.

Elijah shivered and went to check on the man who lived next to it. He knocked softly. "Um.. G-george? Are you home? I just want to ask you a couple of questions."

A rather sturdy woman opened the door. "Hello? For George? George!" She called back. " GEORGE!!!!!"
A very old and thin man made his way to the door. "What is it?"
"This man has questions for you?"
"What?"
"THIS MAN HAS QUESTIONS FOR YOU!"

Elijah smiled weakly. "I am sorry to bother you on.. such a bad night but.. did you see two red haired young fishing women at the station today? They came in town this morning.. and might have left later ..' He tried to speak clearly and a bit louder than normal.