By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=181)

RE: Safe and Sound - Benjamin Ward - 01-27-2020

The station master nodded and helped form people into files. Finally everyone had boarded, but there was no sign of either of the girls. Ben looked at Elijah desperately.
"Clear to depart?" The station master asked?

RE: Safe and Sound - Elijah Crane - 01-27-2020

"Oh yes. So sorry again for wasting your time. Thank you again for your patience. " Elijah waved before sighing and looked to Ben. He had to fight back tears as it felt hopeless.

The station master gave a sign and a man further down the platform whistled and got on. Then the train started gathering up steam, whistled as it released pressure, and slowly started moving. Ben sank down on a bench.
"I'm very sorry." The station master said when the worst of the noise had died out. "If you give me a description, I can be on the look out."
"They are two girls." Ben said. "One is sixteen, the other just turned fourteen. They would be dressed as fisher lasses. Both have red hair. They'd have no money on them, unless..." he looked at Elijah.

He listened as Ben gave a description. Elijah shrugged and frowned. "There is a chance Alice was the one taking your money, though I have no proof." He wanted to turn from the painful conversation so he looked to the man.

"Don't be. I'm grateful for your help..." Elijah said to the man. He smiled sadly but thankful to the station master. "If you see them, please don't let them board. I'll be back when the next train comes if we do not find them, just in case. Having your help means we won't have to hold back the passengers." 

He returned to focus on Ben "Let's go, we can try somewhere else since we know they won't be on the train now."

That thought had indeed crossed his mind. But though he didn't want to believe his daughter was a thief, if she had managed to board an earlier train, he hoped she had taken it. The thought of his daughter penniless and helpless in God knew where made him sick with anxiety.

The station master tapped his hat and walked off.

Ben turned to Elijah. "I suppose we could ask around..."

Elijah nodded but frowned. "I will try the doctors or.. um.. more unsavory side of town. In case she has seen someone to know if she is .. keeping a secret. But please take it easy. No one wants you getting sicker, Ben."

Ben nodded. "I'll go home and ask the children to help."

Elijah nodded, "Good idea. Just take it easy. "He patted his shoulder and left to go looking for them around someone who might have been able to help Alice with her secret.

RE: Safe and Sound - Jack - 01-27-2020

Whichever doctor Elijah tried, none seemed to know whom Elijah was referring to.
"I was prank called to your place this morning, though, Mr. Crane." One of them was able to inform him

Elijah sighed and frowned. "It wasn't a prank. I had sent him to get you and the patient in question was supposed to stay behind. She was too scared of the doctor I suppose and fled.." He said, it could have been the truth, he had no proof yet. "I am sorry about that, but also next time do not strike a child unless you know they are lying for a fact. It hurts those who are being honest. You would feel terrible if you had been in his shoes as a child."