By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=181)

RE: Safe and Sound - Benjamin Ward - 01-26-2020

Ben shook his head, still in shock, but he did finally remove his hand from his mouth. "Bram, go home and tell Maggie I've gone with Elijah."
"I wanna help loo-"
"Go home!" Ben shouted in a threatening voice, and Bram looked frightened and ran. Ben covered his face with his hands and frowned. "It's a sound theory..." He said quietly. "Hannah's been pregnant ten times. How did I not..." he shook his head.

RE: Safe and Sound - Elijah Crane - 01-26-2020

Elijah shook his head. "I never knew she could have spent a time with any boy, she always seemed so busy. I don't know if it is that way. It is just a theory. She is very upset, so we need to figure out where she'd go. " He felt bad that Bram was scared to go home, but they did need to be serious about this. "If she is.. what will you do?"

Ben took his hands away from his face, but shook his head again. He walked over to a wall and leaned against it, for he suddenly felt weak. He sighed. "We'll need to go talk to the parents of that boy and make sure 'e marries 'er. But that's a concern for later. We need to find her." All he had hoped for Alice, smart Alice, responsible Alice, had suddenly evaporated into thin air.

Elijah went to his side to check on him and help him walk. "We still don't know that is it! It is just a theory. I don't even .. know if she knows everything. She could think she is because of her mother and she isn't. We would need a doctor to confirm it. Come, one thing at a time, Ben."

Ben nodded. He wanted to believe that it wasn't true, but the occasional morning sickness, the moods, the extreme hunger, the fatigue, all made sense now. And it was her apparent panic about seeing a doctor that seemed the most convincing evidence. And yet her would gladly find any evidence to prove him wrong. Surely Alice had been taught proper morals. Surely Alice wasn't like those foolish or lustful girls who threw their futures and self-respect away at a whim. Surely not.

He walked slowly beside Elijah. "Where did you see Anne last?"

"Not far from my home, with Alice." He gestured in the general direction. "After Alice had ran. I don't know where they are now though. I' went home once already.'

Ben looked around, frustrated. "Let's try the beach. If we don't find them there, maybe their friends have seen them."

Elijah nodded. He'd check the schoolhouse if someone suggested it at that point. He was already walking, but keeping close to Ben in case the man experienced another weak moment. He was still ill after all.

Ben walked in silence, consumed by his own thoughts. A thousand questions and fears ran through his head. When they reached the beach, he approached a group of girls gathering flithers.
"Hello Mr. Ward, Mr. Crane!" They greeted.
"Afternoon." Ben greeted. "We're looking for Anne and Alice. Have any of you seen them today?" The girls shook their heads. Ben gave Elijah a desperate look. "Well, thank you. We'd appreciate if you'd keep an eye out for them."

Elijah sighed and patted Ben's arm and thanked the girls. "If you see them, tell them we are looking for them and to go home. " He kept going, perhaps they were just up ahead, he had to hope so.