By Wit & Whitby
[Complete] [CW] Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle [Streets, Yards, and Homes] - Printable Version

+- By Wit & Whitby (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com)
+-- Forum: In Character (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Completed threads (https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Complete] [CW] Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle [Streets, Yards, and Homes] (/showthread.php?tid=127)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Aslan Koç - 01-19-2022

The room was sweltering with body heat, and yet all Aslan felt was cold.

“I agree. There are few of your brilliance, dear sister.”

And still, his own heart tried to lodge firmly enough in his throat to keep the next words from coming out:

“Where do we begin?”

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Nisa Koç - 01-19-2022

"You are unfortunately so very right." Nisa smiled and looked around the room. "Let us introduce ourselves and I shall catch every faux pas and offer my instructional tutelage to the person or their guardian. That sounds like a wonderful plan." Her eyes already searched the crowd and she instantly began to walk towards someone , with her brother dragged along the way.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Aslan Koç - 01-19-2022

Aslan was careful to keep pace with Nisa, without ever stepping past her. Such was the delicate balance of life.

Others, however, were not so conscientious of Nisa’s every move. A small gaggle of men and women stumbled past in front of them, one man splashing red wine.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Nisa Koç - 01-20-2022

Nisa's sharp reflexes were the only thing to spare her gown. She stared at the man and an almost invisible twitch to her eye began. She held up her hands innocently before she smiled, releasing her hold on her brother. "Ah.. sir.. I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting?"

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Aslan Koç - 01-21-2022

The man’s suit was frayed and ill-fitting. There was a woman his age at his arm, who shook her head and tried to wave Nisa’s attention off.

“Come on, miss!” the man laughed. “You could use a little color in your life!”

Aslan, meanwhile, leaned to say two words to Nisa:

“Sorry, loo.”

And then he was off.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Nisa Koç - 01-21-2022

Nisa smiled sweetly as she stared at the man. "Not even an apology.. just a distraction. You are in luck, I am offering to give lessons to those in need of an etiquette education. A fun party is no excuse to forget one's grace."

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Somniac - 01-23-2022

“A lesson, eh!” the man, flushed and grinning, shot back. “What do you think of that, Martha?”

“You know, I think I like you just the way you are,” she sighed, steadying his wine-bearing hand.

An engagement ring glinted on her finger.

“Leave him be and have some fun, young lady,” she said to Nisa.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Nisa Koç - 01-26-2022

Nisa smiled more and shook her head. "I see, you are in such a position that you have no worries what others think of you. I am envious of such a place. You must tell me your secrets then. Since most men would at least feel a little shame at almost ruining a woman's dress because they have had so much to drink that they can't even remain upright without issues."

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Aslan Koç - 01-31-2022

Aslan, meanwhile, crouched over a toilet bowl. Was he going to puke? Maybe.

RE: Founders Ball: Koç in the Middle - Somniac - 01-31-2022

“As you should be!” the inebriated man laughed, and raised his glass to Nisa.

“Hubert,” his fiancee said imploringly, steadying his drink for him with a sheepish glance to the younger woman.

“Come now! How often do you meet a gal this uptight under sixty?”

Martha’s smile was practically painted on.