Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A fishy business
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Well, it upset him alright. Simon turned and glared at him. "You've never as much as looked as a woman, have you...? I bet if that story would go 'round, people would buy it." He looked at Elijah's face with scorn, but when he saw how upset the man really was, Simon felt a stab of guilt. It had been Elijah who had dragged him home that night and had given him a place to sleep, and had offered a listening ear, without pressing him. Even when Simon had been a child, Elijah had always been kind to him. And here he was, basically tearing the man apart. Simon knew he was a wicked person, and he was getting worse and worse as the web of lies he was spinning was becoming too great to control and his deeds were taking away more and more of his humanity. He swallowed. "For fuck's sake, Elijah... just stay out." His tone was no longer threatening or mocking, but rather desperate.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah put a hand to his face as he questioned his interest in women, stifling a choked cry. He spoke low, barely a whisper but loud enough to be heard in the empty street. "Y-you .. don't know.. Simon. I .. never did.. anything, so it would be.. just a story. N-no matter.. w-what I want.. I c-can never.. be h-happy with someone. All I have.. i-is my job. And I just.. want to help you.. P-protect you. I .. still.. b-believe you're a good guy.."He felt tears in his eyes and was feeling more humiliated. "I .. f-fear.. IF.. you a-are doing something.. you may.. be the one .. who gets hurt.."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon looked at Elijah, shocked. He was barely listening to what the man was saying. He felt sick with himself. So Elijah was like him? Surely he was, or he wouldn't have gotten this upset. Offended, maybe. Punched him in the face, maybe. Not broken down. "Elijah... I'm sorry." Simon said miserably. "I shouldn't have said that. I'm an ass."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head, hanging it low. He stifled another choking sound. "You.. m-must think.. I'm.. d-d-disgusting.' He managed to get out. He wiped at his tears. "B-but I .. n-never did a-anything. I resigned.. m-myself to being.. alone.. I do-don't need you.. making me feel worse.. for.. just.. wanting.. you safe."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

It was a confession. Simon felt pity. But a strange sense of relief as well. He had resigned? Then he was the better man. Simon didn't believe in God anymore and he believed societal norms were full of hypocrisy. But he had fought a sense of disgust with himself for a long time. And in the end, he was still doing things that disgusted him. "I'm sorry, Elijah. It isn't my business. I don't think there's owt wrong with you anyway..." He still felt bad. "Just take me home." What did it matter now?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked wilted and half the man he had been minutes before. He was drooped and seemed weak as he gave a small nod to walking him home. He tried to regain himself but it was failing miserably. "N-no one knows.. please..d-don't say. I really.. h-haven't done a thing. And.. t-thank you for.. th-thinking I'm ..not.. dis-disgusting."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon was aching. "I won't tell..." He did not walk. "Elijah...?" He stopped. His breath was shaky and his heart beat fast. Could he say it? There was a conflicted look on his face.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah turned and looked at him . "Yes, Simon?" The man seemed at odds with himself. "Y-you can talk to me..."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

He opened his mouth. Then he closed it and swallowed. Then he opened it again and looked at Elijah, torn. "You're a good man," he said and he started walking, disappointment with himself washing over him almost instantly.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah stared a moment longer as if trying to figure out any other meaning. He smiled though looked still broken. "Thank you.. I-I believe you are too. You're just going through a hard time... I hope you get to York and find y-your happiness there. "