Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Catching criminals [Market, Shops and Spas]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose was at the market, doing groceries for Mr. Meijer's dinner. She had just caught her youngest brother, who had apparently sneaked out of school, and had given him a shouting-to and had threatened she would tell father (she wouldn't), when she spotted Elijah some way off. 
"Well off you go! Or I'll tell Mr. Crane and he'll put you in prison!" And she tried to smack him upside the head, but Bram was already running away. She watched him go with a frown and then moved over to Elijah. "Elijah!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah had been in a somber mood to say the least. The way Gabriel had acted had somewhat upset him, more than he'd have liked to admit. He was lost in his own world when he heard someone call his name. He glanced up and waved. "Why, hello there, Rose! Doing a little shopping?"

He smiled his usual polite and friendly smile. He didn't want anyone to worry.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Aye." Her basket was half-full now. It was interesting to buy groceries for Mr. Meijer, since she bought more diverse and expensive food than she had ever bought at the Whitby market. Sometimes she pretended to herself that she was a wealthy middle-class wife and she was buying all this for her own home and her own table and the daydream made her glow and feel important. "Are you feeling better?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled a little more and gave a slight nod. "Oh much better, thank you. Your soup was very delicious, I think it was great help to my recovery."

He was curious over the assortment she had purchased and realised it must have been for her job. "I hope things have been going well for you..."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

She gave him a warm smile. "Well, I'm glad to hear. I found a position as maid. Here in Whitby this time, luckily."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Oh? That's wonderful! Who for?" Elijah asked. He was thrilled for her but a small part of him was also just wanting to be sure it was not for someone who would try to take advantage of her. It seemed silly since he knew Rose was a very opinionated young woman who would never allow for a man to do anything against her she didn't agree with, but he felt safer if he knew who she was working for.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"It's in one of the houses by the river." Rose pointed in the general direction. "Mr. Meijer. A bit of an odd fellow, between you and me, but the working conditions are better than in York." She thought Mr. Meijer looked strangely familiar, so he must have lived in Whitby for a long time. But from what she could tell, if he was not in York for work, he seemed to stick to himself. Rose didn't mind. Back in York she had hated in when there were visitors, because it always meant twice as much work.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah oh'd and nodded, "I know Mr. Meijer." A slight pause as he recalled the incident at his house with the nude man, then his going to confession and meeting Father Richards. He shook his head from the flurry of emotions. "Nice man, bit unusual I suppose. I hope he pays you fairly and treats you well?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose nodded. "He does." At least he paid her fairly. She always got the sense he disliked her, but she couldn't quite point out what gave her that feeling. He didn't mistreat her, anyway. "I suppose you work with her, him being a barrister and all..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Oh yes. He has come to me at odd hours needing papers for his work and the like. He is quite serious about his job which I must respect him for if nothing else." The man said softly as he glanced around just making sure the marketplace was it's usual mostly peaceful self. "I imagine sometimes his house must be rather messy with all of his work he takes home."