Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Siren [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"It's a blue blood thing more than anything. My mother was born to money and that is how she was taught. I cannot! I will not marry someone who put his hands on me in such a manner. I..." She put her hands on her cheeks and sighed, "I still shudder to think what he could have done. I cannot do it, Pony."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony nodded and very carefully patted her shoulder. He would have hugged her, but didnt' want to cause her distress. "You don't have to. You are safe now and no one will put their hands on you against your will. I believe you have that right, Pearl. It should be your choice to never be touched again if you say so. I am still so sorry it happened to you."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I like it when YOU touch me," she said almost angrily, "I didn't feel dirty when you put your hands on me. I trust you." She put her sandwich in the basket and then took her lemonade with her toward the surf, padding with her bare feet leaving prints in the sand. She turned, "And you don't act like I am vulgar for taking my clothes all off and swimming in the ocean."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony looked at her confused. "Are you mad at me?" He stood up to follow her. "I am glad you do. I like making you happy. Though I don't know why you're bothered by this..."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"No, not mad at you. Mad at... expectations." She said, "How it doesn't ever matter that I want something, that I am expected to take a different path and... I can't." Her voice had softened and she went on, "And here you come along, someone who I am sure I would get a lecture over just because you're not from here, and I know you aren't staying... But you don't expect of me."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony shrugged and kept walking to her. "Well the funny thing about expectations is.. they rarely ever pan out. If I followed my father's expectations, I would be a doctor somewhere. I am much happier this way."

He stuck his hands in his pockets and avoided the sued so it wouldn't get to his boots. "And life doesn't have a path laid out. We make it as we go as life is a huge expanse. " He stretched out his arms. "Your parents could want you to be a lady and get married. And maybe you could and be a black widow who immediately poisons her husband on their wedding night. Or maybe you run away and become an acrobat in a circus. There is nothing in life forcing you down a path, just responses."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She smiled then, one of those slow smiles, closing the distance between them but for arm span, "That is exactly what I want. What you have with your cart and steed... You go out there and you make your own story; you are the hero of this novel. And while it very well might not end with happily ever after, you've become part of my story too." Her voice softened, "Chapter Four, our young hero arrives at the beach and is taken aback by the siren's glistening tail. Her dark eyes were almost hypnotic as they caught his gaze, lips parted and seemingly trembling to lure him toward her. And suddenly, he had her in his arms and he was capturing her mouth with his in a kiss of passion." She closed her fist and pressed it to her sternum. "Such beauty was there in that moment as they were caught up within a torrent of magic. The air fairly sizzled with it... As the kiss ebbed, it was as if one could hear a gentle breeze against one's ear, for their sighs were collective."

She paused for a moment, tilting her head, "I want to write a novel! Yes... I'll be an author."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony tilted his head and listened. He grinned more and held out his hand to her. "That was beautiful. I am sure you will be a great writer."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She took his hand with her free one and said, "Vi sta vie. Live your life." She dropped the cup without thinking about it... luckily it had been emptied. Her hand joined the other. Her mouth curled upward and she said, "Thank you."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony chuckled and gave a low dramatic bow. "Thank you! " He stood and put his hand on hers. "I am very glad I was able to assist in lifting your spirits."