Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Free Child to Good Home [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

The man nodded slightly as he rocked the child a little to help make sure he remained asleep. "Alright, I will bring it by later. Thank you again. " He walked slowly then glanced at him but only quickly. "I didn't know you had a sister. What is she like?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Avoid getting personal, the other priest had advised him. Talking about his family was definitely not a way to keep things formal. "She's a good person," he stated, keeping up the pace. Almost there. Gabriel made sure to keep physical distance from Elijah.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah noticed how cold he was, nothing like on Sunday. He cradled John close to his chest as his face turned sullen. He spoke again after a moment.

"I am sorry, alright? I made a mistake, Father. I was touched you came when I was ill, and I mistook you doing your job for personal kindness and foolishly thought.. we could be friends."

He bit back any anxiety he felt growing as he spoke trying his hardest to keep from stuttering. "You are just my priest and so I overstepped my boundaries. I have pestered you and even now, I've bothered you for help. I promise you were my last choice as I didn't want to pull you away from you work. But it won't happen  again. I recognize.. It was all my fault and I won't disturb you further. I will just be another face on Sunday morning . I will even go to York for confession. " 
He felt humiliated and there was a pained tightness from his chest up to his throat. He wondered if this is how it felt when kids who courted broke up, it strangely seemed like it.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel stopped in his tracks and looked at Elijah, shaken. Was it so obvious? He did not want to chase Elijah away or make him feel miserable. In fact, the thought of Elijah adopting the strictly formal attitude he tried to maintain... "I don't understand... You did nothing wrong... I'm just tired..." It was necessary that they had the hard conversation. That it was clear they couldn't be friends because Gabriel was the parish priest and Elijah the parishioner looking for help - not to speak of the more disturbing reasons they should keep a safe distance from one another. Elijah had offered him the perfect opportunity to discuss the matter. And yet here Gabriel was, backtracking before he had even said the words.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked at him like he was uncertain. He was tired before too, perhaps the priest worked himself too hard. "Then you don't think I am mistaken and we could be more than mere acquaintances? Don't walk so far away as if you're ashamed to walk with me." He spoke a bit lighter to sound cheerful though it didn't truly reach inside. He was still worried the man was being kind and didn't want him around, it made sense.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"I'm not ashamed..." Gabriel said. He was, but not of Elijah. "I..." he sighed. "Please, can we discuss this later and not in the middle of the street?" And maybe later would be never. "We should get that baby to my sister's first."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"So.. there is something to discuss? Alright... He is what's important ..." The man said as his voice grew quiet. He looked down with confusion and worry about it on his face as he walked. He grew a bit slower though enough to keep up, letting the distance between the men grow.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

That was not what he had wanted to say. And yet they had to discuss it. He just gave a short nod and walked on, trying not to think, or feel anything. They had to get that child a home. They arrived at Therese's place, or at least Gabriel did, and he knocked, stone-faced.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah could tell by his body language something was wrong. He couldn't see the expression on his face but doubted it was anything positive. 

He stood a little always behind him with his head down. He truly hoped this woman could help. He almost wanted to ask her about the man before him but thought better. He was trying to dig into something that it seemed clear was best left alone. 

Despite what was said, he wasn't going to go near the priest after this. If he truly wanted to talk, he'd have to come to Elijah. The man only wanted to be friendly, even though there was an appreciation for him beyond friends, he didn't have to let it get between them. It wasn't worth fighting over though, he had too much to worry about as it was. 

He looked to the door, desperately hoping she would appear.
Therese Richards
Therese lived in a rather large cottage for a single woman such as she was. But then, those who knew the tale knew that the house was paid for by the man she was going to marry until he was run out of town for something he did not do - at least Therese always believed he didn't. And so she had waited in the house for his return, but as the years went by the loneliness of the empty house had started to get to her. It had been her brother's idea for her to turn it into a shelter of sorts, and with help, she loved the world she could create for the kids that had to escape their real one.

"JACKSON, PUT THE BREAD AWAY UNTIL DINNER" the men would hear the yell before Therese opened the door with a annoyed look until she saw Gabriel at which she gave a large smile. "Good morning brother."