Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Free Child to Good Home [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Standing outside, Elijah was preparing to walk Gabriel back to the church. It was the least he could do for what the man had done for him. He stared when the man spoke, unable to help it. Truly fate wasn't kind in the cards it dealt people. There were at least a dozen reasons why he shouldn't feel or think what he did about the priest, and here the man was  before him acting this way. He was far too beautiful for it to be fair. Not just for the eyes, but his words and tone, his attitude and the way he stood. It all made such a lovely and unfair portrait in his mind. 

He had to tear his eyes away as he silently cursed himself and life before putting on a small smile as he had to reply. With a hand on his shoulder he shook his head. "I think you understand as well or better than most. I care about the weak and unheard. It's why I took my job. I want there to be fewer people in the world needing help from people like you and me. I can't do much but I will always try my hardest when I can, as I know you'd do the same."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel looked at Elijah. And then he looked down. He shouldn't cherish the simple gesture of a hand on his shoulder. He shouldn't cherish anything the man did. "I... know you do. You're a good person..." He didn't look at Elijah while he said it, but suddenly, he steadied himself and looked up again, face emotionless. "I'm sorry. I really have to go now. There's so much to do in the parish."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was surprised by the sudden autonomy in the priest's action and words. He pulled his hand back and nodded. "Of course.. do you want me to walk you there to make sure you make it safely? I know I pulled you away from your work. I do apologize.." He had a sinking feeling the man was going back to acting strange and pushing him away. He wondered if his show of gratitude was too much and the man was bothered by his presence again. It was dizzying being treated so nicely and then coldly within seconds. He wished he had never told the man anything, then it wouldn't have been like this.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel could see the hurt on Elijah's face, and he almost broke. The last thing he wanted was the cause of pain to someone so kind, so good, so... beautiful. But what choice had he. He swallowed. "I... err... You probably have a lot to do," he said quietly. "Don't worry. I'll see you in church on Sunday." And he gave a smile that was so forced and ambiguous that it looked cold.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was about to interrupt that he wouldn't mind but the smile was a stab in the chest. It felt like he was forcing himself to be nice to him and it was becoming a strain. He looked down to the ground and nodded. "O-of course. I'll.. s-see you then. Just.. s-s-stay safe. Alright?" He barely glanced up to let the man go before going his own way.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel couldn't bear to look at the hurt man any longer. "Yeah, you too," he said, and he walked away just as fast.