Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Enter Hortencia Coggins [Railway Station]

28 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'7"

"Well, Mark, it would seem you should start asking about me. For if you wish to bed me and never let you go, it is with your name. I cannot be bothered with married men ever again, nor rake." She turned her head so he could see the laughter in her eyes, though it was honestly said. "You understand, I am sure... It should be proper like this time around. Are you opposed to be a father to a child that is grown and married herself and now probably about to give you a grandchild, perhaps while I still live?" She was teasing now, "I am sure it is alright if not, but her own father..." she trailed off, her eyes dimming. She looked away.

"Pearl deserves so much better than what she was given. I won't deny Magnus loves her, but he also failed her miserably, and he treated his wife poorly, not just through me but through countless maids. I was a mere child when I lived in that awful place. I grew up and found myself lured in by a man who gave my flowery promises. I was too frightened, I do not know how many times I nearly swallowed my tongue. I never let him be in the room alone with me at first." She frowned and closed her eyes.

"I didn't want him to kiss me, for he is a married man. But somehow he found me alone in the garden, picking roses for the girls and their mother. Anne Carrington wasn't always cruel, but I can understand her becoming so once she learned of Magnus' many infidelities. I wasn't the last one... And if any of them bore his seed as I had, well, he must have countless whelps wandering around England. I wouldn't doubt there are many. The man was only after what he shouldn't have been. And he loved them as innocent as possible. He wasn't interested in younger girls, he wanted me when I was old enough to choose for myself. Of course, I resisted, but he wore me down with his honeyed words."

She looked down at her hands, sighed, and rested her temple now against him just for mere, human contact. "I don't know why Pearl was the one he wanted to keep... Perhaps it was because of how sick I was and he felt sorry for her... I don't doubt his delight in his daughter as a father should feel, his love is real for her." She paused, "But I don't know if he ever loved me. I wish sometimes I had never let him so close. But when I learned of my baby, Pearl, I... I thought it would be enough. And I fell in love with her more and more as I felt her growing within me." She shuddered.

"I only got to see her and know her for a moment before they took her away from me. She deserves better. She deserves a mother's love. She must know before I go, that she is mine, not that cruel woman. You do not need to step in as her father figure, but if you desire to... It would be an honor."

23 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 10 inches
Alias: Hutchie

Mark smiled "well why don't you get comfy, rest against me and tell me about yourself? For one id love to know more about these books that you have written. I for one occasionally read when I have the time" he thought for a moment. "Why didn't you use your name? It's beautiful. Or did you not want the world to know Merrin existed?"

He sighed "sadly in this day and age. Most men still treat women like property. One day women will be equil to men! You mark my words"

He smiled. "I'm not opposed to anything. I will protect her as my own. And I will protect you. That also goes for any grand children. They will be treated as if they were my own flesh and blood" he kissed her forehead "you have my word" he said as he took her hand in his

28 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'7"

She rested against him, then murmured, "My name is Merrin James, I am a vicar's daughter. I became an author for Pearl. I needed to build my income, but I could not use my real name as it was on peoples' tongues already..." And she seemed to relax into him. Sleep overtook her as she found safety within the stranger's embrace. Peace filled her with the knowledge that a better life would soon be upon her daughter. Her last words before she surrendered to sleep were, "She is ready... give the message to a boy... There is a sovereign for the boy, and money in the letter for her." And then she relaxed completely, for he had been the catalyst of peace in that moment.