Hello, guest!
or Register?

Look at all the Happy People

34 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'7
Alias: GreatTallywhacker

Evelyn nodded. "I know it is hard to be careful when you are on the field, but still.. be careful." It sounded silly when she said it, but she said it anyway. She didn't know how else to put her concern into words. They would care for him if he was too injured for sports and help him find a new job, but it was his spirit and love for the game she worried hurting him more.

"You're a very caring person. Whatever you put your heart into, I just know you will succeed", Evelyn hoped her voice showed her sincerity and that she did believe in him.

"We've had to be frugal." She said defensively but smiled a little. "And I must marry you off, if you don't start looking now, you may be desperate when you begin to feel lonely. I want you cared for and happy. You can't want to just stay home with the only women in your life being your sister and mother."
Whitby Football Club

10 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5ft 10 inches
Alias: Hutchie

Sam thought for a moment "I know what you mean. Its not just that footballers are disposable aswell, as soon as your talent drops your put out to pasture so its always good to have a back up plan, I wont always be this good or this fit so its time to.be sensible and think of the future"

Sam thought about that his sister said. They were close siblings and he always appreciated what his sister said

Then he became playful with her. "Oh and I suppose you want to vet them before they get to me? Apply in writing to you before hand? Attention of Miss Evelyn Griffin. Personal manager of one Sam Griffin, Goalkeeper for Whitby and England?" He teased

34 Posts
3 Threads

"You've always been very sensible, Sam. Mother and father raised us all well, I think. So I'm not worried you will have your future taken care of. I'm happy to see you are taking very good care of yourself though, so many don't think far ahead." She said softly and she patted his arm in a show of affection. "But when your shop opens, I will buy something to show my support for your store and team."

Her brow rose as she looked at him in surprise and shook her head. "I will just meet them after you do. I could never know what sort of woman you like. And I'm not a good judge of character. I just want to make sure they will be honest and good to you, it's what you deserve." She said very seriously but smiled slightly at his joking. "Once they realize you will be looking though, we may have to set up a line for all the girls that wish to date you."
Whitby Football Club

10 Posts
0 Threads

Sam tilted his head slightly "if you promise not tell our parents ill let you in on a secret" he continued "i already own the shop/house. I got a mortgage for it 2 months ago and I'm going to start work on it during the off season to build it up into the store I want" he paused for a moment. "I've already approached the local women's knitting group and offered them the work to knit the team colour wears, I just provide the material and put a donation into the groups funds every week. I started planning this when I got injured. The savings are to fall back on to keep me afloat if I need them to help me build the business"

He smiled "there's time for relationships down the line. I need to build a financial future for myself before i start courting women" he thought for a moment. "I want to be able to provide and support a family aswell"

34 Posts
3 Threads

Evelyn watched her brother out of curiosity, wanting him to continue. Of course she could keep a secret. Hearing that he'd already had a place and was getting things knitted, she smiled a little. "That's wonderful, you are very much on the way to a successful business after you decide to retire. I would love to see it some time if you have the chance."

She nodded, "of course there is plenty of time. I just wish for you to be aware, so that the perfect woman for you doesn't get married off because she didn't know you were there." She was just wanting to look out for him and for Sam to be happy not just in business but in all his life.

"Ah." She looked up as they could see the market up ahead. "Thank you for walking with me." She said looking to her brother as happy as she ever really looked.
Whitby Football Club

10 Posts
0 Threads

Sam smiled "yeah anytime you like. Maybe once I get it painted and ready to go. The shop is perfect for what I want and it came with a 3 bedroom flat upstairs" he smiled "well if you want to support me, perhaps you could help me when I open it to the public"

He smiled "one day little sister, we will all have someone and be happy. And I will always keep my options open and see who is around. Not got my eye on anyone though but will see.

He smiled "its always good to get out the house. Plus I'm always looking for potential stock aswell for the future" he put his arm around her and pulled her close "it always amazes me how when you see other siblings are then see how close we are!"

34 Posts
3 Threads

Evelyn shrugged, "why not let me help paint? Until I secure a job, I have the time. And I'm free help." And she wanted to help. The place sounded large and perfect. "That sounds wonderful. I'm sure you will make it a successful business and a nice family home."

She looked down uncertain. "I don't care if I have someone. I just want you and our brother happy. This is exactly what I want to hear." She patted his arm lightly.

The woman simply agreed until he hugged her. She playfully squirmed to get free as a small smile came to her. "We grew up in a happy family. Not everyone is as blessed."
Whitby Football Club

10 Posts
0 Threads

Sam nodded "by all means. We are in the off season just now so I have lots of time to do things and the company would be good. I'm going over in a couple of days to sort stuff out. Especially the stock room etc. Theres plenty of small jobs. I'm also happy to pay for your time. Help you out too!"

He smiled "i want us all to be happy. We were raised by amazing parents and not many would be able to allow their kids to follow their dream and become professional footballers and nurses. Hopefully our little brother can follow his dream aswell"

He agreed "yeah we were very blessed. We never went hungry or without"

34 Posts
3 Threads

"Oh that means I'll have more time with you. You are always so busy when it's football season. Then yes, you don't need to pay me much. Being able to help your dream come true is more than enough."

"Well part of it is also living in such a small town. I do believe many places would never hire me due to my lack of professional schooling. But yes, we do have very wonderful and supportive parents. I am sure he will, once he knows what he wants to do. It isn't always easy..."