Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

Foibles

308 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'6"

"I would like to ask you a question, my love, before I do anything." He was always considerate of her feelings on how he spent money since she had the right to know. "I think it is time to hire some more folks. The boys are doing a wonderful job, but they are needed outside more than in the house. With you on the mend, and me needing to build our homestead, I think we should hire Andrew and Rose Willaby. Rose has experience with household duties and Andrew is a great cook. Andrew would take care of all that is in the kitchen, Rose, if she accepts the role of course, could be a housekeeper of sorts if you are in agreement. That way you can relax while you heal." He gave her a smile and hoped that she would say yes. Normally, Uriel was not one to get into other folk's business, but Andrew had explained the situation and was wanting to start over and make things right with his wife. And while he personally would not say a thing to either of them, he would offer his home as a soft landing spot for the two who would need support from friends for the foreseeable future.

He only hoped that Andrew would turn a new leaf with this chance.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Kitty looked puzzled at him. "But can we afford all that? I can see needing someone while I heal. But I'll be on my feet before you know it." She honestly didn't know though.

"I will accept whatever you want. You're just too generous and I just don't like being useless.." she knew he wanted to help and loved him for it. She just worried he was being too generous but wouldn't stifle him.

308 Posts
8 Threads

"I've gotten more than enough," he said with a smile, "I made sure to look over the finances. I could retire as a teacher already. I was considering it anyhow, I feel useless to those children. I feel like I need time with my family anyway. I can try again another time teaching, but I want to finish what I started here. Teaching can wait a few years." He thought it was fitting to at least give a compromise. He was feeling lost at the moment after so many things had happened. "You wouldn't be upset with me if I did that, would you?"
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty looked up tiredly at Uriel and shook her head with a small smile and patted his cheek. "Teaching kids can be like herdin cats if'n they aren't up for it. You were doing your best, and I don't want you to force yourself. Otherwise you'll lose your love for it. Give it a break then.. stay with me and Abe for a little bit. You can maybe try again next year. " She worried what sort of teacher they'd have without him, but she didn't want to see him miserable like he had been, and feeling helpless. Her husband deserved much better.

Her fingers moved up to run through his hair and she kissed his cheek. "Now don't you go forgetting.. just cause I don't work any more doesn't mean I ain't got a little money hidden away to help out too. I just know.. between getting and fixing up this beautiful house and all the animals so we are all.. what's that word.. independent. I wanna pretend I can be responsible, ya know?" She said with a little laugh that made her wince.

308 Posts
8 Threads

He hugged her to him and then kissed her forehead. "I love you," he murmured into her hair then. "And I love Abe. You're both beautiful." And then he moved from her side, if a bit reluctantly, but he'd been waiting for her to get up so he could make something for her to snack on. He got a few grapes from the bowl of fruit on the counter, some cheese, and some bread and butter. He put that at the table closest to her so she could eat at her leisure. He went and got a cup of coffee for her too. Luckily, that was still hot. He'd offer to take Abe back so she could enjoy a cup if she wanted, and assuming he had the little hamhock back, he would coo at the boy he was putty for before laying him on his tummy on the floor where he had laid out a blanket with some brightly colored things for him to look at since he was a bit too young for toys yet.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty smiled as she melted slightly into the kiss. "I love you too. He does too though he can't say it yet." She watched him leave curiously and grinned when her stomach rumbled at the sight of the food. "You will spoil me rotten. You shouldn't do that, I'll get lazy." With a laugh, the woman let him take the baby, after all he loved holding him too and it was very cute to watch them.

She ate slowly and enjoyed her coffee, closing her eyes momentarily,. "That does hit the spot." She swooned as she nibbled on some fruit then watched them. "How will you get a replacement for the teacher? Place can't just.. not have one .Right?"

308 Posts
8 Threads

"So what? You deserve to be lazy." He chuckled as she ate, then moved to lay on his belly and interact with the boy. He was playing peek-a-boo at some point. Abe seemed as amused as he could be, given he couldn't laugh yet. He was smiling though and it wasn't gas. "Ahhh-boo!" he said like a fool to his son before turning his gaze back to her. He gave a grin.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty shrugged and smiled as she watched her husband and child play. "I suppose, but I don't want ta become useless." She curled up near uriel and rubbed his back lovingly as she watched them , "maybe when he gets older, we can try to find friends for him too."

308 Posts
8 Threads

"He can stay little for a time. I don't mind it," then he zerbetted (blew a mouth fart against skin) Abe's belly and then died laughing at the way his boy flailed his limbs in delight. "You should try that if you haven't. Look at that." And then he turned his attention back to his wife with an appreciative smile. "You could never be useless, my darling. You just rest until your body says you are alright. I seem to have no problem handling Abe, and we have help now. I think maybe I would like to expand just a little more. I have plenty of money I have saved that we'll be able to do without my pay as a teacher. I feel we are also well off enough to take on more help. I wish to focus on the farm. I want to make something out of it and take the time to think on what comes next." He then looked down at Abe and smiled. "I owe him better than being unhappy. I owe him happiness in teaching him things that matter. He can learn math and science in this land, perhaps even art. What favor would I be doing him if I worked a thankless job?"