Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Sight for Sore Eyes [Market, Shops and Spas]
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony shook his head. 'While I wouldn't mind that perhaps, there is no kitchen in here, barely a fire place. But it is alright. I will bring you some. I do not think you need to be breathing in that smoke from being close to the fire anyway. So stay away from it. "He said though it wasn't exactly needed at the moment, it was a milder time of the year.

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

"Pony, I swear to God if ye don't calm down on what I can and cannot do, I will put my shoe over yer face now. I appreciate yer concern and I love ye dearly, but I am not a teacup. It will take stronger stuff to break me." She was somehow surviving the loss of the one she loved most in the world, unbroken but scarred. "Ye do know that there are women all over the world who toil and stop right there in the field to give birth, then go right back to work?" Now he did if he didn't already. "I'll let ye spoil me tonight just because I miss ye and ye miss me, but I can't be idle. I just... cannot."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony listened and he frowned. "Yes and there are women who do everything right and don't make it. I don't care. You have been through a lot physically and emotionally. You are going to take it easy from here on out. I am not chaining you to the bed. But I don't want you doing things I find dangerous. I am trying to look out for you, Karen. You can do what you like after you have it and I can breathe easily. I don't want to lose you. Ok?" He sighed heavily. He would win the battle but the war would be a struggle.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Go..." She pointed at the door, "I'll not argue with ye right now." She looked pretty crabby. She promptly lay on her side and was soon asleep before he even left the room. She was awake shortly enough, however, and assuming he left to get the requested items, she would be up and staring out the window. Her forehead rested against the cool glass and her hands were playing with the end of her braid.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony came in looking annoyed with her. "I walked all over town but I got the scotch eggs, pickles, and lemonade.." He honestly forgot the rest. He put the bundle on a table and unwrapped it to place her still warm scotch eggs on the edge closest to her and then put down a small jar of pickles to the side. He dug out a bottle and went looking for glasses. "Are you alright?"

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Aye, I am alright, Pony." And she wasn't lying. "Just woolgathering." And then the smell of the scotch eggs hit and she sighed happily, "Oh, thank you." She took one and sat down, taking a healthy bite and chewing slowly as if she savored it. Her bare toes visibly curled and she got a happy look on her face. The baby began to move a lot as if in approval, and her hand moved to her belly while she chuckled. "Ye've made the babe happy."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded and stood behind her and patted her back gently. "I'm glad. Since you're a widow, it's my job to take care of you and the baby. And I want you happy. You're my baby sister and I won't have you or my little niece or nephew suffering, now will i?" He smiled and let her eat before he sat down to take off his shoes and laid on his bed to relax after the long walk around town to find her food. He knew he had cruelly told her he would have no part if she married that man and had his child. But in the end, when she needed him he wasn't about to leave her alone. He did love her more than anyone else on earth and couldn't just abandon her.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She knew that he would be there despite what he said to her because he loved her and had said what he said in anger. Besides, she knew too that he would make a wonderful uncle to her child... or children if Harold had been right about their being twins. She was so frightened about all of it and to have her brother there to help at least eased some of that fear away. Her arms moved around him for a moment before he went to settle down. "Ye'll soon have me daughter or son followin' ye around and worshiping the ground ye walk on and ye very well know it."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony grinned and cockily rubbed at his jacket from his position on the bed. "Well I am quite a fellow. Anyone with half a mind would want to follow my example. With it being your child, I'm sure they'll have your sharp mind and attitude. They'd do well in the business when they were older." He sat up on his palms and smirked at her. "I don't mind an adorable protege. They would bring in a huge crowd."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Oh no, we'll not be teachin her how to get money from old people." She rolled her eyes upward, "Maybe I will let her find ye a lass to charm." Her eyes twinkled a little... "Unless ye're still pussy footing around with unmarriagables." She jabbed him softly and took another bite of food, quickly demolishing the first of the pile of scotch eggs. "These are better than the ones in the other town. More sage. I like it." She had become adept at cooking and figuring out ingredients in her absence from his side. "And they soft boiled the egg so the yolk is more like a sauce. So good."