[Open] [CW] The Romany way of life
Romany Traveller

4 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 5ft 9inches
Alias: Hutchie

Tim sat on the steps at the back of the caravan. It was a still evening as he sat slicing an apple in his hand. The camp here was still mixed. All romany but some still clinging to the old ways of man made tents out of branches and canvas while a few bad horse drawn caravans. 

Tim grew up in a tent and wound never go back to sleeping on the cold wet ground. His caravan was his home and it was his worldly possession that he took great pride in. It consisted of a double bed up front with storage underneath. A small pot bellied stove for warmth and cooking with some storage at the sides. His tools of his trades were carried outside to save the soot covering his house. 

Romany were proud people despite being chased throughout Europe for their lifestyles. 

The fire crackled away not to far from the caravan as a kettle hung over it on a tripod for boiling water for one to make tea and two. So he could wash himself before bed. It was a simple life and a peaceful one.

2 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: Madame, She/Her
Height: 5'1"
Alias: Kimmie

She was just passing through on foot, her worldly goods in a sack over her back. Lavinia Cooley found herself staring at a man sitting near a crackling fire and she froze. The woman looked away and said, "I am only passing through, please don't pay me any mind." The lovely woman gazed at him with her light blue eyes and a slight smile on her face. She made sure not to get too close so as not to startle anyone.
Romany Traveller

4 Posts
2 Threads

Tim looked up from the fire which had captivated his attention. He looked across at Lavinia and smiled "please don't rush off" he stood up and walked over to her. She was beautiful and her eyes captivated him. "Please join us. You are safe here. We are all Romany" He gestured to the fire with an open palm "please come sit by the fire and warm yourself up. Have you eaten?"

2 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: Madame, She/Her
Height: 5'1"
Alias: Kimmie

She knew a moment of hesitation before she approached and sat across from him. Her gemlike eyes peered at him in curiosity. Lavinia shook her head when asked if she had eaten. "Nay, I've not eaten yet. Ye have food for a poor, Irish traveler like meself?" she asked. Her words were singsong but sounded surprised as well in her lilting brogue.
Romany Traveller

4 Posts
2 Threads

Tim smiled, "pull yourself up a seat. Ill sort you some food. Its the least I can do. The kettles just about to boil aswell. Your just intime for a cup of tea aswell:

He got himself up and fashioned some food for her. Thankfully alot of veg and meat were in season so he poured her a bowl of the stew he had just warmed up before handing this newcomer the bowl. "I'm sorry my dear I didnt introduce myself properly. I'm a Romani and a chimney sweep. And you are?"