Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] All the boys to the yard
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Benjamin sighed heavily and stopped walking, as if thinking about it took all his energy. He wasn't a fast walker anyway, with his joints hurting. "I'm sorry for the trouble..." he repeated. "I don't know what's wrong, or why he can't just accept the life he has and live it and take his responsibility."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah looked down. "Ah so that is probably why. He must have thought tom would take over and it is up to him. He must feel trapped and frustrated. I don't know how to fix this . "
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"I've done my best to raise all of these children to be responsible and good people..." Ben said. "But he did become more difficult when Tom died. They were close. But he's only making things harder, and to speak truth. I'm at a loss on what to do. I'm afraid for him..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"You have done  a good job. Your kids are great. Simon is still young and rebellious. He wants to see other places and fears he will be trapped here. He doesn't realize you're trying to protect him and give him a future that worked for you. I think you should both sit down and talk. No yelling, no judging. just talk.."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Ye think I haven't tried?" Ben asked, he slowly started walking again. "He's actively tryin' to hide summ't from me.... Anyway. 'e can dream all he likes, but he ain't some rich fellow that has means and time to travel. 'e's a fisherman and he ought to be glad he learned a trade that can sustain him."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and nodded. "I would suggest letting him go and he would return after he ran out of money, recognizing the hardships but.. " He rubbed the back of his neck, the sensitive pinkened skin protested against his rough glove. "I worry he will get in a dangerous situation..."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Aye..." Benjamin added quietly. "I fear he'll get in big trouble at some point, be it in Whitby or somewhere else. Thing is, 'e's selfish for wanting to go. I'm growing weaker, Elijah. I feel it. And me heart's givin' me trouble. I can't do as much as I used to, and if something happens to me... well, it's Simon that must look after his sibling. I was horrified when I found out he wants to leave. Even now, we can't miss him. Imagine I get real sick. 'e needs to stop thinking about himself and be a man."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked at Ben wide eyed and clearly upset at the news. He knew he was getting older and clearly no one lived forever, but losing Ben too.. "I... can't say I'd ever been in his boat. No one ever needed me. With mom and dad gone when I was a kid and grandmother and grandfather gone when I was still young before York.. I can't begin to understand. I..wish I knew what to say. Just..curious.. what sort of man did Maggie marry?" 

He wished he could help and he could see Simon's side that it was selfish to force him to live the life his dad wanted. He was sure deep inside Simon would never want his siblings to suffer. The change in topic made him wonder if the newer couple could even consider the role but since they weren't at the house during his visit, he doubted it.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"He's a good man, a fisherman too, one of Aaron Miller's sons." Ben said. "They would help out... maybe they could take Bram in. But they are very young, and Maggie's with child and they will have more. Simon will have to put his weight, and he has to face it... I'll tell you what, if he goes to the big city, it won't be a week before he's in prison, and he won't be any good to anyone..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Sounds like she did find a great man and I hope them a wonderful and long future.." He sighed heavily about Simon though. "That worries me most about York. He could find himself in deep trouble. They wouldn't be kind like here, he would have no family or friends close by to help. I wish I could feel easy about letting him go. And I wish I had the money and space and time to help you if your kids needed me. But I am a pretty poor young man myself. I wouldn't be able to fill your shoes. " He smiled weakly as he walked. "Perhaps this phase will pass..."