Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Take On Me [Market, Shops and Spas]

13 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 6

It was later in the day for the market,  it was a perfect time to be parked near some of the shops. If someone from a nicer family had been out shopping or socializing,  they would want him. Maybe they were tired, their feet ached in their fancy shoes,  or perhaps they were wanting him to take them to a show,  pub, or brothel? He didn't judge, or care enough to judge. 

The man tapped his cap to anyone with fancy buttons and straight cuffs,  hoping someone would take him up. Conner was getting restless having stood still for so long. He almost considered taking a short walk so he could refresh himself and come back but then he might miss a ride. 

"Soon enough " Elliot spoke encouragingly to the horse even though he didn't understand him. He liked to pretend he would. He stretched and rubbed his neck. He still had a long night ahead. People rarely wanted rides in the morning. It was the night that was busy and so he liked it, just wished it was safer. Whitby had become such a troubled place. He almost wondered if a big city would be better. 

Another person approached and he leaned toward them just a touch and offered a smile. "Need a lift?" At least he got plenty of fresh air.
Banned

14 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'3"
Alias: tomato

Market trips were Kimeya's most and least favorite thing.

Most of the time, he would pick up a few simple food stuffs to prepare his meals for the day, or the next few days if he was feeling ambitious.  Fruits and veggies and spices and bread and smaller, sweeter things to treat himself if he was having a hard week.  Those days were the pleasant ones.

The less pleasant ones were ones like today, when Kimeya was carrying more than he cared to unless he was working.  But what choice did he have?  His favorite pot back home, the one his mother had been using to cook for him since he was a child, had finally broken.  He was devastated, and he knew his mother would be too, and now without a pot.

Now, though, he had a pot.  And utensils and seasonal tablecloths and things he didn't even know he'd needed until he was at the market and the people selling them had been so convincing.

Now, Kimeya also had his arms full.  He didn't know how he'd make it home without dropping his things.  So, when a man he hadn't noticed leaned forward and offered a ride, Kimeya was quick to stop in his tracks, think for a moment, and nod.

13 Posts
1 Thread

Elliot couldn't help but stare at the man. He'd never seen someone like him before. Who was he to judge though? He leapt from his seat and pulled a lever as he did so, allowing the doors to release. He bowed to the man, as he swung it open with one hand and offered to help lift his items with the other. "I can safely store these away for the journey if you like."

This guy had quite a few items so he must have had the money to pay for it. Looked like his luck was going well. "Where are you heading to this evening?" He flashed him a friendly smile, even as his eyes traveled to the man's braids. He immediately returned politely to his face.

"Ah, I'm Elliot. I'll be your driver for the evening." He said kindly. Or at least attempting friendliness.
Banned

14 Posts
0 Threads

Kimeya was grateful to hand over a few of his things to the man, and looked a bit relieved as he did so.  As long as this new pot didn't break, or he lost any of this newly purchased belongings, he'd consider this trip a success.

"Silver Street," came his short reply, his voice deep and words heavy with an accent.  This man - Elliot's look at his hair and person was not lost to Kimeya; it was simply ignored.  He considered ignoring the introduction as well, but Elliot seemed kind, or at least didn't seem offended by Kimeya's existence, so he could at least return the favor.

"Kimeya.  I will your passenger.  Nice to meet you."  He nodded again, and climbed into the cab.

13 Posts
1 Thread

Elliot nodded as he carefully put the items away in the storage under the seat. He made extra careful of the pot since the man seemed most worried about it. He patted the seat with a pleased smile. "Don't worry, all carefully put away safely! I'll get you there with nothing broken. Don't you worry, Kimeya." He had to slow his speaking to make sure he pronounced it right. The accent was different but it didn't sound like he expected. Then again, what did he expect? Nothing. This man was a customer, and he'd treat him as one.

"Silver Street isn't far, sir. I'll get you there in no time, no worries! Now, up you go." He said as he placed one hand on the door and offered the man his hand if he wanted help to get in. He might not, men usually did but it was polite to offer nonetheless. "Looks like you have quite a dinner planned with all the stuff you bought today!"
Banned

14 Posts
0 Threads

Indeed Kimeya did not take the hand offered to him to help him into the cab, but more so out of the fact that he did not need it rather than any pride he felt.  His things were in the seat just below him, but not being able to see them made him just a little nervous.

Conversation should have distracted him, but internally, Kimeya was sighing.  Why speak, if you had nothing to say?  He did not need the silence to be filled.  But if Elliot did, Kimeya would have to indulge him in that too.

"I suppose.  Mostly, they are things I neglected to replace before now.  But what fun is dinner unless you make it fun?"

13 Posts
1 Thread

Elliot dropped his hand the second the other didn't take it. He laughed weakly as he agreed with the other. "Yeah, that's true." Well, he didn't seem like he was the conversational type. That was fine with Elliot. It meant just a regular quiet ride. At least he didn't tell him to shut up as some did. He shrugged and climbed onto the back and took his seat. He grabbed the reign and called out, "Come on Conner, go!" In no time they were off. The guy was wanting to go home, so he'd get him there. Hanson's were some of the fastest travel in the city and they could do amazing time in a quiet place like this. He decided to impress the guy as he whistled and they raced off to silver street.

"What's your house number? I don't want to miss it. "He said with a small laugh as they went like the wind.
Banned

14 Posts
0 Threads

"Thirty two," Kimeya replied quickly, a bit startled by the speed at which they were going.  His arms braced himself against the door and his seat, his feet against the floor.

What should he do if an accident happened?  In normal circumstances, Kimeya would jump from the cab, but in normal circumstances he'd not take a cab in the first place.  Plus, all of his things were trapped beneath his seat.  The small bubble of anxiety in his stomach grew.

"Are you new to this?"

13 Posts
1 Thread

The man chuckled. "Of course not, otherwise I'd never dare go so fast! Did you not want to get home as fast as possible?" He asked, feigning sincere confusion.

Conner's hooves clattered against the cobblestone as they moved. The cab rattled but remained steady. "Relax, I know what I'm doing. I wouldn't get paid well if I killed my passengers." He assured him.
Banned

14 Posts
0 Threads

Fast was well and good, but Kimeya much preferred a safe ride over an expedient one.  And despite Elliot's words, he found it nearly impossible to relax - the mention of dead passengers not doing much in anyone's favor.

After a moment, Kimeya shook his head and leaned closer to Elliot to be heard over the noise of his horse.  "I'll pay more it it takes longer, jus please slow down.  Not even the ocean gets this bad."

In truth, the ocean got worse, but at least if you hit the water it wasn't rock hard.  Kimeya could swim, and he's had his sea legs for years, but this?  This was something different and terrible when they went so fast.