[Complete] Keep Me Like A Secret [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: WOW!
Height: 5'4"
Alias: tomato

Edmund understood what Francis meant when he said he preferred to ask permission than apologize.  He nodded solemnly, and when his head buried in his shoulder, Edmund brushed through his hair like had been done to him.

"Me too," he agreed.  "We can't today - or right now, at least, but later.  Soon.  I'll hug you just like this for hours, I promise."

He meant it, too.  Now that he had this, and knew how good it was, Edmund doesn't know how he lasted so long without it.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

He hadn't felt so close to a heaven since he lost Lewis, but this? Holding Edmund and the promise of a chance later to hold him for hours! That was better than he could dream. He nodded and looked up at him slowly. He brushed his fingers against his cheek. "Ok, I think we should go now and look for your sister. I will check the beach for you. If I find her, where shall we go to meet up?" He asked wondering where the other might be looking. "Or would you prefer we check back at the hotel every now and again in case the other has found her?"
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: WOW!
Height: 5'4"

Edmund met those beautiful blue eyes as they looked up at him, leaning into the hand against his face.  Bless this man.  Edmund knew he didn't believe in - even hated God, but he hoped God would understand and bless him anyway.  If there was a man that deserved it, it was Francis.

"Let's meet at the hotel every now and again.  I'm going to check the market, I know she liked hanging out there, and the streets near there."

Reluctantly, he stepped away from Francis and glanced at the church behind him.  She also could have been in there, hiding from him with the Father, but Francis had just been within, so he doubted it.

"Be safe.  I'll see you soon, yeah?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis nodded. "Alright, I'll check the beach and then check the hotel before I decide anywhere else." He had nowhere else but the beach seemed like the most likely option from the little he knew of the girl. He gave him an assuring smile.

"I'll be safe. You take care of yourself, and I'll see you soon. Hopefully with one of us having found Mable." He said softly and touched his hand once more then he turned and walked away, only glancing back once before the other was out of sight. When he was on his own, he made a beeline for the shore to look for the girl.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"

The air was cold.  No matter where Mable was, it was always just a little bit cold in the morning.

Colder still was the ocean water, but Mable had been sitting in it so long, it felt just like a warm hug.

She sat just far enough in the water for it to cover her legs, and she had not moved since she sat down there.  Waves splashed over her, not caring that she was there to mourn, and she was grateful for that.  At least there was one thing in her life that would always remain the same, no matter what.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis saw the figure immediately. Seeing her sitting in the water was definitely not expected, but he wasn't one to over think such things. He walked over to her but kept a small distance so she had her space. "There you are, Mable!" He said though without a hint of accusation in his voice, only relief. "Me and your brother went to look for you." He tilted his head and knew he couldn't act like he had a right to talk to her, but still how else was he to get to her?

"I figured you might be here because of your shells. Didn't expect this..' He gestured to the water. "IS ah.. everything alright?"
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable heard someone approaching, but didn't turn to see who it was until she heard their voice.

Francis.

It was very obvious that she was not pleased to see the man.

"I don't have a brother," she told him, turning back to face the sea.  "He died in Pennsylvania with our dad.  I'm mourning him.  I only just found out."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis was about to offer to take her home but she spoke and he froze. HIs voice lowered and his gentle look turned serious.

"Don't say that .Don't ever say that."

He started towards her but kept away from the touch of the waves. "Your brother loves you. He's not perfect, and maybe things are difficult right now. But you would be sad if he were really gone. You can't mean what you said. Please, if it's cause of me I can let you be." He would probably sneak around, but he honestly thought the other was right and it wasn't him.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Even though she didn't want to, Mable turned to glare at Francis at his quiet words.  Who was he to tell her what to do?  He was just a stranger, and a drunk, and smelled terribly.

"You give yourself too much credit," she spat at him, turning forward again.  "I know things are difficult, but it's not just because of you.  I told you; my brother is dead.  That's why it's difficult!  Now leave me alone to I can mourn in peace."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis frowned and let the water hit his feet as he moved closer , she was sitting down so she wasn't going to run away. "That's cruel to him. ALright, if your brother is dead who was that in the room?" He asked as he knelt down.

"I've lost people before. I know how to move on. I've also had people turn their backs and throw stones at me. Do you see where I am?" He said as he turned to the water. "I beg for food and a bed every day. Are you looking forward to your not brother having a life like mine?" He asked tilting his head at her. He had a lot in his arsenal he could use against a child. He was taking small steps but there were bigger ones he could try if necessary.