[Complete] Keep Me Like A Secret [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: WOW!
Height: 5'4"
Alias: tomato

Edmund allowed his hand to be taken, watching the way Francis' fingers curled around his.  Had he really said all that?  Ah, he wasn't surprised that he was so honest with his inhibitions lowered.

"What a pair we'd make," he said, "two men not good at anything except being together.  What would our fathers think?"

He smiled awkwardly in case Francis didn't realize he was joking.  His hand was so warm in his.  It felt like it had the night before, but better now that Edmund could feel it with more clarity.

The boy pressed his free hand to his cheek.  It was warmer than Francis, but it was also like that because of Francis.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

"We'd still be a pair.. which I'm sure they'd both hate." Francis cracked a small grin as his fingers clasped the hand, relishing that small point of warm contact. This hadn't been what he'd expected, he could never think something so great could happen to him.

When he felt the hand touch his cheek, he leaned towards it and half closed his eyes. His other arm reached out to loop around the man's middle and draw him close. No one would be coming back there so he felt free to be a little bold in the outdoors so close to the church. Maybe there was a small feeling of thrill because they were acting this way against the church.

"Is there more you want to tell me? Now that it's a new day and we are both thinking clearly?" He asked, searching his eyes with a small smile. "I am still sorry about last night. I hope your sister didn't give you trouble due to me."
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

The embrace surprised Edmund, but he did not resist it as he would have just a few months before.  How could he fight this, when Francis' arms around him already felt so familiar?  Did it really only take one night for him to become accustomed to this?

At the mention of his sister, Edmund's face fell and he looked away.  "You don't need to apologize for anything," he assured quickly, "if she's mad at one of us, it's me.  You had nothing to do with it."

Francis had been a casualty.  The night would not have ended different is Edmund came back with anyone else, or alone.

"Now that I'm thinking clearly," he began, shaking the previous thought from his head, "I would like to tell you one thing, if you'll let me say it.  Ah, may I?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Both moods fell when the mention of Mable came up and he almost regretted it, but it had to be said. He wanted to apologize again but it seemed unnecessary. Whatever was wrong between the two perhaps had nothing to do with him. It somehow made him feel worse, it was easier to blame him since he could just avoid her and keep the two happy together.

Francis looked at him, lifting his head curiously. A warm smile appeared and he shook his head. "You do not need to ask me permission to speak about anything. Just say it. I think my feelings for you are known enough that you do not need to act nervous. If you can't help it, I understand. I just want you to know you can say or do anything, I will not tell you no."

Was that too much? He just didn't see Edmund asking him something he wouldn't do. And he liked the other's presence enough, he would do just about anything for the man who had him feel so good.
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Edmund's face was nowhere near it's normal color, but Francis' words made it burn anew again.  This is exactly what he meant before.  He figured when his inhibitions were lowered, he would care less about what he said and how he acted, how other people would think of him, but sober once again he couldn't help but worry.  Nervous was his default.

He hoped Francis wouldn't think of him as annoying because of it, but Edmund wouldn't blame him if he did.

"I just wanted to say that - that you really are a kind and handsome man, is all."  Seeing clearly and so close, Francis' eyes were blue as the sky.  Edmund could still remember how his stubble felt against his own face and hands, and he had to look away from the other man again.

"Also... I do know your feelings, but I don't know my own yet.  I know they're not - not opposed, obviously, but I don't know how far they'll go.  How far I'll go.  I don't want to accidentally hurt you, now or later, so I just - I wanted to tell you that, too."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis was curious what the other was thinking. He patiently looked at him, completely aware that he still had his arm around the other and was close. His eyes remained locked on Edmund's and the compliment made him beam with delight. He hadn't been complimented in such a way in so long. It was nice to hear especially from such a guy.

The worry made him laugh. Immediately, he apologized. "You care about my feelings and worry about hurting me. That is so very kind of you, Edmund. No one cares about me and how I feel. I am very grateful and I understand. We don't know what'll happen tomorrow or the day after. I just am grateful for this." He released his hand to touch his cheek in the same way that Edmund touched his. "For this moment right here and I am quite aware you may leave for better things soon enough." It was sincere even if it seemed dismal for his own life. It was how life was so he had to cling to the good as temporary as it was.
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Leaving.  Yes, of course, that was right, Edmund was going to leave Whitby.  Not soon, not until he had enough coin to reavel with Mable again, but it would have to happen eventually.

Wouldn't it?

Inevitable as it may or may not have been, it was so far off, Edmund didn't care to think any more about it.

"Right now, I don't want better things," he said, "I just - I just want you."

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Edmund turned his face to hide it in Francis' shoulder.  His arms fell and wrapped around the other in a hug, but he couldn't look at him any longer.  It was too much.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled against the fabric of Francis' shirt, "I know I'm not as outgoing and - shameless as last night.  I hope you still like this version of me."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

The words made him blush, and perhaps they always would. Francis smiled and rest his head against Edmund's and he leaned into the hug as his eyes closed. This was the human contact he yearned for and a connection. He couldn't have found anyone better than the man in his arms. A hand moved to run through Edmund's hair and he shook his head just a little.

"You do not need to apologize. I am the one who made you run in the rain to take a piss."He laughed lightly and nuzzled into the warm body he held and was held by. "I am lucky to be here and have you so close. I don't ask anything from you. just being in your presence is more than I could dream of." He said softly and sighed happily. "Thank you for just being you Edmund."He said softly and hugged him closer for a brief moment.
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Francis' fingers felt so good in his hair.  His arms felt so good around his body, and even his head was a welcome pressure against his own.  And Francis called himself lucky?

"Thank you," he retorted, still not raising his head.  "For - just, for everything.  Thank you."

Edmund wanted to stay just like this, in Francis' arms, for hours.  He knew it wasn't possible, but he still stayed for as long as he thought Francis would tolerate before pulling away.  Edmund's hands trailed down the other's arms until they could hold his hands again.

He was smiling.

"Hah... um, what now..?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis held his hands and stared into his face when the other pulled away. He held him longer than he expected. The question of what to do was one that could have been taken in many ways. He wasn't sure what he meant but decided to take it to mean what to do for the moment.

"I don't know. DId you have any plans for today?I could keep you company."He asked honestly. He could look at the other all day. "I never have plans. I just wander around unless I want something usually. I mean.. unless you want to just stay here longer. I can certainly keep doing that." He said playfully and leaned in closer but didn't do anything yet.