Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] What makes us human?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah shook his head. "Don't mind me. I am alright, I am concerned for you. I can't blame you for wanting to go. I left because it was my best chance at opportunity. And if family life is hard, it is good to separate, at least for a while. But..Simon.."

He started to rub his gloved hands together anxiously. "It isn't just the money. You need to decide what you will do there. It can be a place for work but it is a crowded busy place so opportunity can be tricky at first. The worst part is.. whatever caused last night to happen.. could happen again. The big city can be dangerous, more so than here. If you go, you can't return to these problems. And if having a hard time in the city can cause it, you'll be where you are here but in a bigger place with no friends or family to pick you up. Understand ?" He looked hopeful he understood.
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

"I was saving up... so I would have something to live off until I find a job. And... I know someone in York." Fucked someone. At least Zech was in York sometimes.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed. "He should not have touched your money, that was your property. " He ran a hand through his hair from anxiety. He wanted to help but couldn't, and it was clearly complicated. "I truly wish I had the money to help you out. If I gave you everything I could spare it would only pay for the trip there and maybe a night in a half decent hotel. For now, just hold on. Try to avoid any trouble. If you have to spend time away from your father, you know you can come here. Ok? I don't want you to feel alone or anything. And if you ever decide to talk, you know I will listen."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

"Aye, he bloody well shouldn't have." Simon snapped, though not at Elijah. But father had thought he had gotten the money through illegal means. He wasn't wrong. Calmer, he added: "Thanks, Elijah." He got up. "I'll go wash those clothes, so I can make it to the harbour at noon." Sharing a boat with father. Lovely. They were gonna use one of the bigger boats, so at least there would be others. If the story had indeed gotten around, the other men would laugh and make jokes about Simon not being able to handle a drink, while father would be a threateningly silent presence.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Alright, but if you worry you'll be late, don't worry about it. I rather you make it to the boat and not anger him further. Also, please don't let him or anyone else get to you like this. You made a mistake. We have all made mistakes in our lives. I don't think someone should be afraid for it. I hope he goes easy on you and I'll see you later. You're always welcome here."
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

Simon nodded. "Thanks for everything. It will be fine." It wouldn't. "I'll take your clothes back to dry here, is that okay?"