Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Best to let sleeping dogs lie? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

298 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 6'7"

"Thank ye," he said when it came to the food after he sat down. He looked suddenly weary, older than his years. He had an affliction and he just didn't know how to say it. It was probably for the best. He ate his food in silence and looked down at his plate.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose ate in silence as well. It was hard to eat. Her stomach seemed to have tied into a knot, making all food and drink seem repulsive. Occasionally she glanced up at Andrew, but he seemed determined not to look back. She wanted to ask him what was going on. And she didn't want to ask him.

Was this her fault for having refused him too often?

Perhaps she could pretend she didn't notice anything and then it would all go away. Just so long as she didn't ask and he didn't say anything.

"Oh... sorry... I botched the potatoes and gravy..." she muttered when she tasted them. Her voice sounded hollow.

298 Posts
5 Threads

Andrew gave a grunt, then said, "Tis fine gravy." It was a lie.

He looked her in the eye finally and said, "Kin I ask ye a question?" He paused, gave her enough time to respond. The outcome either way was the question, whether she gave permission or not. "Are ye truly ready ta have a bairn, lass? I feel like I'm pushin ye into things fast and maybe I am bein' too hard on ye."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose looked up startled. Was that it? Had he found out what she had been trying to do and was he disappointed over it?

"We're... married, aren't we?" she evaded. "It's what married people do." She pressed her lips together and looked down at the tasteless food. "I just felt..." she began in a somewhat higher pitch. She looked up imploringly. "I just felt I wouldn't mind it if I didn't get pregnant right away. We... I liked our time together, just the two of us, and..." she blushed slightly, "all of it." She turned her eyes down again. "I'm sorry."

298 Posts
5 Threads

He sighed softly and he got up from the table, walking to the nearby window and watching out solemnly. He couldn't eat. It seemed they both had a habit of not communicating things to each other, only his was still way worse and he felt like scum for it. But she should have been honest too, he realized. He couldn't be angry at her.

"Aye Rose, I suppose if ye need some time, t'won't hurt ta give it to ye," he said with a lump in his throat. He needed to go punch some dough for his shitty behavior. Maybe that would make it so he didn't do something else wrong.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Anxiously, she watched as he got up and walked away from her. Had she spoiled everything? Was he angry with her?

But he gave her the time she requested instead. It made her feel relieved for only a few seconds. She didn't want that time anymore; she wanted things to be right between them. "I've had that time," she said quickly. She got up and approached, her steps quick at first, and then then last few more hesitant. She took his hand and looked up at his face nervously. "Are ye angry with me?"

298 Posts
5 Threads

"Nay, lass. I am not angry with ye at all. I..." and then he sighed and closed his eyes. "I'm just weary is all." He took her hand and squeezed it before he took himself away from her to go to the bedroom where he slipped out of all of his clothes but for his underwear and he'd lie down on his side on the bed they shared.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose watched him go, her mouth hanging slightly open, as he once again removed himself from her. A tight band had formed around her chest, making it hard to breathe deeply. The house was still and lonely after the door closed behind him. She turned her eyes back on the unfinished dinner. The tasteless potatoes and half finished pies still lay on their plates. Andrew's chair stood pushed back from the table where he had left it. She bit her tongue and fought back the tears that were already stinging her eyes. Then she walked over, moved the chair back under the table and quietly began to clean up. The quiet ting of cutlery on plates and the ticking of the clock on the mantlepiece were the only noises disturbing the domestic peace.

298 Posts
5 Threads

He couldn't sleep. Andrew punched his pillow, tossed and turned, and then he simply gave up. He got dressed then and left the bedroom. He contemplated going to the flat above the bakery and just staying the night there where he didn't have to hear his wife tinkering about and adding to his guilt. She'd all but offered herself to him and his manhood just... wouldn't. Not after what happened. It wasn't that he was unattracted to her at all, it was that the guilt was eating at him. He didn't look at her as he entered her domain, but he did murmur, "I am sorry, lass. I... just feel tired today." It wasn't a lie.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose's hands stopped when he entered. She looked up, timid but hopeful. But he didn't look at her. She turned her eyes down again and continued her work, biting her tongue so as to fight back the tears. "Aye, go to bed then," she dismissed him. She lifted the pile of dishes and cutlery just a little too forcefully, causing the forks and knives to clatter on the plates.