Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] We meet once more. [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

If he had done as promised and come to see her in the last week or so, he would have been told that she was not well and would be indisposed for at least that long. It was a beautiful morning when she finally emerged from the house, not to go far, but to go for a walk around the perimeter of her home. She was walking down the road, face yellowed with the healing bruises, the scab still on her lips. She was lost in thought while the wind lifted her loose hair. Because she was in sight of home, there were those who were watching from a distance to let her have that time to herself safely, and not far away was the guard who kept out of sight that would be there just in case.

She found a grassy knoll and spread her blanket, then sat down and leaned back upon her palms, looking up at the clouds.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony wasn't about to argue with a rich family. certainly not over a woman he had just met. So he hadn't pushed to see her. Still, he rode by at a lazy pace every  day as he promised. Sometimes he would pause just out of sight of the entrance to look up at the place . 

Today was like very other, the soft sound of the clipping of hooves announced his arrival, followed by the whiny creak of the wheels and swaying cart as he rode slowly pass the home, glancing over as he went.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She looked over at the sound of Pony's cart and she hesitated, not wanting him to see the battle wounds, but she wouldn't mind the company. "Mister McBride!" She called out then and stood, moving toward him and stopping near, "You stayed around." She gave a half smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"Well of course. I did say I would, for a wee bit. " Pony gave her a smile then frowned slightly as he noticed her face. "Everything alright ?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She looked down and was quiet for a moment before she said, "I will be alright. I... I am sorry I didn't come out to see you when you visited, a man kidnapped me and... It is a long story." She paused and then looked at him.

"It is good to see a friendly face," she went on softly.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony looked concerned. "That is awful. Are you alright? I mean.. you don't look alright .. it looks like you've had a rough time. " He slowly gave a caring smile , "Well I will admit you're a sight for sore eyes."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"It was frightening, to be sure... I don't know if Iam alright, but I have to hope. The bruises will fade soon enough." And then she gestured toward the grass where the blanket was spread. "Would you like to join me?"
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony smiled sadly and nodded. He glanced towards the house then back, swearing he saw eyes on them. "Long as no one's gonna run me off." He chuckled weakly and sat down beside her. "If you need to talk in here for you .."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"No, they know you... sort of." And then she sat down on the indicated blanket, wrapping her arms around her legs. She went silent for a long spell, staring at the sky for the duration. When she finally spoke, she explained what happened in more detail, how she had gone to a walk on the beach alone like an idiot, her words, and a drunken man, a pirate, had held her captive for a time. "I'd never been so terrified in my life. And now every time I close my eyes, I can see the man's face and smell the sour scent of his breath... I took laudanum the first night and decided I didn't like it, even if it dulled the pain. I haven't slept since but for a nap here and there... If I am lucky enough not to dream."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony listened and something came upon his features. He wasn't smiling, even sympathetically. He had a haunted look and he was staring at the distance and he seemed agitated yet stayed completely still other than scratching at an imaginary itch on his cheek.

"I'm sorry that had to happen to ye.. Shouldn't happen to.. anyone. There's terrible people in the world, I understand better than most. And I know what it's like to be helpless and to have someone take advantage of that. All you can do is try to move on, try to fill your head with new memories and experiences and forget it. Won't be easy, it'll be impossible at first. But keep trying. Time heals if you let it." He hugged his own knees to his chest and stared down the hill, his eyes staring hard at nothing at all.