Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Smell of Fish and Sheep [Market, Shops and Spas]
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

"Oh..." Gabriel nodded quietly. "It won't go away if you try things again and see that you are fine after all. Take it slow, but don't lock yourself up. That would be a waste..." He hadn't been asked for advice, but Gabriel was so used to giving it, he did not even consider the possibility that someone might not need his view on things.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

She snorted, "I don't see why it would be a waste. I'm not much to look at, I'd hardly make a good wife, and my greatest claim to fame is the size of my book collection." A soft chuckle was given.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel looked around. There were many women at the stalls, most of them wearing old cloths over their greasy hair. Their skin was coarse and they looked unhealthy from the rough conditions they lived under. He couldn't see how a pretty young lady like her could say she was not much to look at. "Books, really?" he turned back to her. "You could help children read and enjoy them as much as you do."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I could," she said. "I have to ask papa first no matter what. Oh Goodness, I just realized how bad I sound talking about my misfortune when there are others who are in a state themselves. Please forgive me, that was very rude of me." She pressed her hand to her face. It wasn't so much that she was being rude, the girl looked so flustered at the moment, like she was going to start crying. Perhaps she was overwhelmed.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"We all have our own sorrows and we mustn't compare." Gabriel tried to comfort. "But sometimes helping others deal with their struggles, can help us forget our own."

Like when you made sure you kept yourself so busy with visiting the sick and elderly, you forgot you wanted to nail the organist at the other church.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I agree. I will... try to do better..." she whispered, looking away from him as she did so. She lapsed into a long silence, then would look at him again. She looked so tired all of a sudden, aged a bit beyond her years from the thoughts that were going through her. She bit into her bottom lip and then pushed away from the side of the building she was against, toeing at the earth. "When should I come to do these things? If my father agrees."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

He hadn't actually thought that far ahead. He had kind of hoped she would have gone on to do good on her own, and he would have changed a life for the better. He hadn't really considered he might have to do actual work. He would have to think about it. Perhaps she could join the school class and help the struggling students, to take weight of the teacher's shoulders and make sure no one fell behind. "Send me a note, if he allows you to, and I'll ask around for some opportunities in the mean time. It is kind of you to want to use your time to help others."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Alright," she said. "I will do that." She continued to toe at the earth before Millie appeared at her elbow. "I should go home and talk to papa now," she said, "Thank you for... listening and giving advice."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel gave her a polite nod. "Anytime, miss." he said, and then he walked off to find other people to talk to.