Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Smell of Fish and Sheep [Market, Shops and Spas]
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

"Likewise. If ever you would like a talk, or prayer, or blessing, or anything to help you feel better, you are most welcome at the church. ... With Miss James of course."

Should he have added that? It was to make her feel safe. He should have added it, right? Or did it look wrong? No he shouldn't have added it. It made it worse. He shouldn't have added it, should he?

More awkward.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"I... thank you." She said and bit her lip. "We would be happy to visit the church..." Not that she was religious at all. She sighed and said to her maid, "Go ahead and finish shopping, Millie, I won't be out of sight." And after the woman dipped a curtsy and was off to do what she needed to, Pearl gave a weary sigh. "I really am sorry I yelled."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Worse.

Did it look bad? It looked bad, didn't it? He should probably have left already. Should he have left? Yes he should have, shouldn't he?

"Don't worry about that. I am so sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"It will be alright again. I hope." She gave a soft sigh and relaxed a little, not freaking out anywhere near what he was. Of course, she would have been freaking out for a different reason. There was no need to worry when they were well within sight of the maid and in the public eye, nowhere near each other.

"Thank you for inviting me to the church." she said softly. "How long have you been here again? I don't recall seeing you around town when I was younger."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Just a couple of weeks. You may have known my predecessor, father Kemble? Though he was here for only a few months. Father Haight? They would all have worn the same," he joked.

He looked around. Where did that maid go?
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

The maid was still in sight at the fishmonger's stall, she knew what she was doing. "No, I never met the man. I was away at school, Father. Our family isn't very religious either, so I doubt they stepped into church long enough to meet him either, though they attend once in a while. I would have to ask. But I have been away for over a year." Millie passed them by and Pearl watched her.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Well, you're all most welcome," Gabriel said, rather eager. "It's good you go to school. Take your mind of things..."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I... am not going back." She said, "I can't. Not right now anyways." She looked down and to the side with red creeping into her cheeks. "My papa says it will be alright, he won't make me go back right now, and mama is still mad at me for being alone the night the man took me, but she won't make me go either."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel looked at her concerned. Must have been a terrifying experience indeed. "Did it happen while you were at school?" he asked quietly. Prying was his middle name.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"No... I was here. It... Just happened." And if he looked close enough he might notice the yellow oh healing bruises around her face, and the fresh scar on her lip. "I don't see the use in going to school for being a wife when I don't intend to be married. I... Cannot abide the thought od being touched."