Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Sins of the Past Speak Again [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

190 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'2"

.additionally sighed and frowned. "Well, you're a priest. You wouldn't lie right?"

She folded her arms and sighed. "Good riddance. My mom died wit no money in the streets. Didn't even love me, just spent all her time telling me how much our dad was an awful person."

Her head turned to look at him. "You realize I'm yer half sister right?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

That stung. His father had died far too early. "Look," he started, his voice unable to completely mask the defensive anger. "I'm very sorry for what you've been through, but my father was a good man. And I know for a fact he wouldn't do such a thing." He got up.

190 Posts
5 Threads

Maddie watched him get up and sighed. "I'm giving ya the truth. But I guess you priests do live fer blind faith. I'm sorry. I came ta give you the truth and ya turned away from it. But if God is real, he knows. And when you die, you'll know too. Cause he won't be with ya in heaven. Course, I guess none of us will." She cracked a smile as she looked away. "Least I don't think so. Book ever say whores don't go to heaven?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"God is merciful, ma'm..." he answered vaguely, incapable to answer her question at the moment. He needed to go away and think. And then figure out a way in which she could have known what his father looked like any other way. And list all the reasons why of course his father wasn't the person she had described.

This had shaken him. Physically. He realized he was trembling. It felt bad to walk away. But he was being cheated. Of course it was a trick. "I hope you find your father, ma'm," he said. He hoped it for both their sakes. "I'm afraid I have a house visit to make. If you'll excuse me." And with that he walked away as fast as felt... well, not decent... it didn't. Normal, to the eyes on onlookers then.

190 Posts
5 Threads

Maddie watched him walking away. She clutched her hands to her chest and stood with a sharpness, the glare unwavering.

"You just said my father's dead. And going to walk away?! Like that? Wit just a vague apology and preten' sympathy? Why? Cause you think I'm a liar? I am many things. Includin a liar. But I've no reason ta lie about this!"

She walked after him. "You got no right to treat me like this. Whether you wanna admit it or not. We're blood. So talk ta me, coward."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

The few people still present in the church looked up to see what was happening. Gabriel felt even more nervous. "Alright... look, let's talk in the presbytery, please..."

A priest alone with a lady of the night in the presbytery. He hoped Mrs. Higgins was out.

God... was Tully still around?

190 Posts
5 Threads

Maddie frowned but stuck up her chin, attempting to show even in the gutter she had some dignity still.

"Fine. Wha's that?" She said as she walked up to him. She ignored the looks as she closed in the space between herself and her half brother.

If Francis had been around, it wasn't obvious. Especially since he was clearly avoiding both priests, he would make himself scarce on days when he knew at least one would be up and active nearby. But occasionally there were signs of someone having fixed food in the kitchen, gone through things in other rooms, so far nothing of any real worth had been taken.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Just through here please," he gestured. He led her into the presbytery, and into the parlour. He was grateful for the walk, even this short distance. It gave him some time to let the information sink in and get some of the initial stress out of his system. He gestured towards a seat. "Please, have a seat, M-, I'm sorry. I've forgotten your name..." And it wasn't even on purpose.

190 Posts
5 Threads

"Ah.." Madeline nodded and walked through , glancing around the place as she did. It was nice and humble, sort of what she'd expect to be a priest's place of rest. She took the offered seat and crossed her arms before her to rest on her lap as she looked up at him.

"Madeline Gale. But my real name is Sylvia Alfonsi. People prefer it when ya sound more... local. When yer at the bottom, it's better ta not stand out as lil as possible,yeah?"

She watched him, wondering if he was going to use this as an excuse to sneak out and get the constable or ask someone else to. Or would he actually talk to her? It's not like she'd been making any damn demands other than he just listen.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"I see..." he said hesitantly, still standing. He was uncomfortable with the little details and their consistently. He didn't want to believe her, and these scratched and clawed at his conviction that his father was innocent.

He finally sat down stiffly, like he was on a spring, ready to jump back up any second. He placed his hands on his knees. "Miss Alfonsi," he said, looking at the saloon table in front of him. "My father was a family man. He was good and responsible." There had been arguments between his parents. His father had always seemed somewhat reserved, closed, far less involved than his mother. But that didn't say anything. "What evidence do you have to make such claims against a good man?"