Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Great Escape [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

Her old room was no longer hers, it was a room now decorated for esteemed guests of the family; not that anyone ever stayed there. The ocher color of the walls gave her cause to feel nauseated. It still smelled of fresh paint in there. She got up, once again, wondering just how it was she would escape from the prison that she once called "home."

"You will eat with us tonight, won't you?" she'd been asked. She'd sighed and acquiesced, and now was sitting on the side of the bed wearing something of her sister's that was a bit loose on her, her curls piled atop her head. She wasn't even hungry. She stood up and tested the door... It opened a crack and she noticed a man she didn't recognize turning an eye on her and lifting a brow. "Don't think ye can slip by me, pretty." And then she sighed and said, "Tell my brother I'm not hungry." And then she closed the door firmly.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius had a bottle in one hand and a bottle with mix for paints in his other. He looked over at the man standing in front of Pearl's room and rose a brow. "What's going on?" He looked from him to the door and back. He was certain Pearl had left home a while back, so what reason was there for someone to be watching it so. "There's no one in there.. right?" He walked towards the door to knock to prove it was so.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Go away, Thomas!" she called out. She opened the door at the ready to give a tongue lashing... But when she saw it was Darius, she almost went weak with relief. She waved him in and, assuming he entered, she closed the door behind him. "Thank GOD you're here..." Her eyes filled with tears and she lowered her voice to a whisper. "Thomas brought me here against my will, Darius... Oh, god, there is so much you need to know..."

Pearl then proceeded to fill her brother in on everything that happened from her perspective, every honest detail except for the very most private ones that a brother needn't know about a sister.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius nearly dropped his bottle and his paints when he was pulled into the room. He looked at her in surprise and listened before shaking his head. "That.. that's a lot. I don't understand why you were brought back here though.." He carefully placed the items in his hands upon a table and looked at her. "Why don't we just leave though? I mean.. won't it look worse for you.. to be.. ah..mm.. attacked in your own home? If you disappeared or died it would be even worse.. right?" He wasn't sure. Things were happening in a strange way and quickly. "Or should I tell your husband you're here against your will so he can bring the yard?" He didn't want that though, it would cause more trouble.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"There is a man guarding my door like I am some kind of criminal," she sighed, "I know I acted a fool by rushing headlong into this marriage, but I felt like I had no choice after all that's happened. Oh, Darius, what am I going to do? Thomas cannot just keep me here like this, it's wrong. I belong with Joe now." Her eyes softened when she spoke her husband's name.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius looked around the room in thought. "This is .. I mean.. I don't know what he's thinking. After Magnus, you think the family would be on their best behavior." He grabbed the blanket off of her bed and laid it down. "Lay on it.. I have an idea. It's crazy but..." He shrugged as he pushed his wine bottle into her hands to hold. "If you want to go home, might as well give it a shot."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I realize it was in poor taste of me to marry the way that I did not long after our brother died but I think this would make it so much worse, having been kidnapped before. Oh, Darius... I feel like this whole mess is my doing." It wasn't but she couldn't have known that. "How are you going to get past the guard?" her eyes were wide as she moved to lie down on the blanket.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius shrugged but smiled. "I don't know. It's just a crazy idea.." He went to her wardrobe and grabbed a number of her left over coats and dresses and put them under the remaining blankets on the bed, bunched up to look like a human form. After that, he rolled the blanket around her like a cocoon. "At worst, it won't work. At best, you'll come out free like a butterfly."

He finally covered her face, making sure her hair was tucked away and hidden and her feet were not exposed before lifting her onto his shoulder. He staggered for a moment as he wasn't as strong as some of his family, but managed to straighten himself. Darius looked at himself in a mirror to make sure he looked casual and she looked as natural as a rolled up blanket could before he tried to step out.

"Hey, you've kept her in there so long, she's gotten ill and soiled herself. I got the bedsheets but you should call someone to get her some new ones. Can you not treat someone as a human?" He immediately turned to not wait for a response to walk away.

30 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 6 feet 3
Alias: BlackAck

Harry had accepted the order to guard the woman from Robert via Thomas. The instructions had came from his friend or so he had heard. Harry didn't want to let down a friend, especially one with such a cruel streak. The sister was attractive from what Harry saw of her in the crack of the door, but she was too pretty in a soft sort of way for Harry's liking. The orders were to keep her locked away, prevent her from being foolish, and to beat the snot out of Joseph Blacke should he appear.

The man carrying the bundle of blankets was not Joesph Blacke but rather one of their own; another of the Carrington brothers. His orders were barked too. Oh God! Harry hadn't meant to harm the girl. Robert would be livid if he found out.

"Oh!" Harry closed the open door after the man with the bundle and locked it. It wouldn't do to let her escape while he was away looking for fresh sheets. Someone would know where they are.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius felt a twinge of sympathy for the man who looked very worried. Seems like he wasn't a monster who enjoyed imprisoning an innocent girl. He patted his shoulder with his free hand. "I'll see if I can find someone, alright?"

He smiled and walked off down the hallway towards where he was sure he could get someone to help with the dirty laundry. The moment he was away from their sight, he headed up towards his room being careful to not be noticed by anyone. Though it was almost certain no one would approach him if they did.

"We will be in my room in a moment." He said quietly to the bundle on his shoulders. "You're out of that room though."