Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] To Wander To and From God [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

"You think so?" Kitty looked at him certainly not convinced. She finally lost the anger on her face. "You're a much nicer priest than he was. I like you a lot more. I hope you're here for a while."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel wasn't sure how to take the compliment and looked down at his hands awkwardly. "I should be here for a couple of years. It is not my position to judge my predecessor, but you'll be relieved to hear father Kemble has moved to a different parish and won't be coming back." He looked at her. "So I hope you will be encouraged to continue nourishing your spiritual life."
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty gave him a small but natural lopsided smile. "Long as you believe my soul ain't so poisoned that it can't grow. I suppose I will."

She  oh'd and clasped her hands together. "Perhaps you can perform our wedding." She immediately backtracked as she seemed uncertain. "He is Jewish so I will have to ask him for his opinion ..."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel's eyes widened for a moment and he opened his mouth and closed it again. "Eh..." He took a deep breath. "That's..." He took another deep breath, swallowing the 'Are you sure?' question that had almost forced its way out. He remembered what she had said about father Kemble, and her faith seemed fragile. "I would love to," he finally managed to say. "But there's a few difficulties along the way. Has... Would he consider converting?"

Always room in Gabriel's fold.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty seemed in deep thought and shrugged. She took it all quite nonchalant as she scratched her head. "I mean.. he isn't exactly religious I'd say. Never seen him practicing.. though I don't know what they do to practice their faith. But I'm not sure he wants to convert. I can always ask ." She smiled thinking that would be it.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel nodded with a bit of hope. "That would make the marriage easier. You would have one faith to raise your children in." And there wouldn't be a chance of her husband leading her astray, he thought, but he didn't say that. "And you wouldn't have to go through all the trouble..." And Gabriel would have another sheep.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

"Well.. you have been mighty kind to me, father. I guess I will ask him and see. But I can't make no promises, you know..."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Alright, Kitty. No trouble at all. Do let me know. If not, well... we have a few issues to overcome before I could conduct the marriage. But I'm here to help." He gave her a smile.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty slowly rose and walked over to shake his hand. "Thank you. I feel mught better than I have in a while. Glad I can feel welcome here again. I'll be sure to let you know what he says."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel shook her hand, a little surprised, but then he nodded and smiled. "Have a good day..." And he sat back down.