Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Happy Days [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

"He's a widower. I am a widow. He hasn't laid a hand on me but for one kiss, and ta put a ring on me finger. He asked and I said yes. I promise ye, ye might actually like the man if ye just give him a chance. He isn't a doctor, he breeds horses." She gestured toward the settee and moved to put Harold back down next to his sister after a brief cuddle.

"Let me make ye some tea. Are ye hungry?" Indeed, she HAD changed. If she hadn't, she'd be using her temper on him.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony wrinkled his nose in distaste. "Don't let him touch you until marriage. And don't get married for at least six months if you want me to even pretend to give him a chance." He relaxed enough to look at the kids momentarily. He'd have liked them more if they weren't part of that doctor. "Fine.. I can stay for a little bit. "

536 Posts
15 Threads

She sighed softly, "We haven't even picked a wedding date yet, Pony, but we would like ta be married before the summer is out. We're not goin' ta fight o'er it either, ye and I, so if ye don't want ta make an effort, it is yer own problem. I'm done fightin' with ye o'er the matters o' me own heart." She waved her hand. "I'm not a little girl. I'm a woman grown, and I do not need yer permission to love. That's me final word on it, and I won't apologize." Still, she did not yell or scream or rally at him. Her words were calm and she was standing up for herself in a way she had never done so before.

She took herself to the kitchen, leaving the twins to crawl around at his feet. Niahm thought it would be cute to pull herself up by his pant leg and give a gap toothed grin up at her uncle, mouth covered in drool as she stood on her chunky little feet. She looked just like Karen, even down to the big, lovely brown eyes. "Baaahbabababa, thhptptptpt." said the little girl before flopping to her chubby rear. Her brother was a bit shy, sitting where he was at with a couple of wooden toys, clacking them together, not looking up at his uncle.

Karen returned soon enough with tea and sandwiches, moving to set the tray down on the empty side table.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony glared and shook his head. "Tell me, why can't you wait? I don't think it's a hard question. Are you pregnant by that clock maker and you don't want him finding out? O swear, ever since you just gave yourself over to that first bastard you have been unable to spend a season without trying to get a man. Your first one hadn't even been dead a year before you replaced him with someone you only now claim not to have loved. If you are going after men to get their money and murder them, then tell me. At least then I'll think you might be competent."

He said angrily and merely looked at the child then back.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I said I am done fightin', and I meant it," she said as she moved to pull Niamh away from Pony, then scooped up Harold. With a baby on each hip, she said, "If ye won't give him a chance, then ye're the one losin' out. I do not need yer approval. I am tired of fightin' with ye every time we see each other. Ye cannot keep doin' this ta me. It isn't right. And if ye do not understand that, then ye need ta just... go and never come back. It would sadden me a great deal, but I'm happy where I am and with me choice ta marry Lorn. Ye just love to cast stones while livin' in a glass house too, don't ye? Judgin' me from yer high horse whilst swindlin' and lyin' to people, especially vulnerable young women." She gave a shrug, "Sellin' snake oil ta folks who need real medicine. Ye have no business tellin' me what a bad sister I am fer lovin' a man."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony narrowed his eyes as he looked at her like she'd turn into a monster. "How dare you. I've always worked to protect you and keep you safe. And this is how you treat me?!  Calling out my job when it's why you are even here. I did it to keep you fed and safe from our father. Working late, risking my life, in all weather. It's because of my travels that you'd even met that first bastard."

He grabbed the first expensive fragile thing he saw and threw it at the wall so it would smash.
"I never want to see such a harpy as yourself again. This is your true gratitude and loyalty. May this house burn down and he sees what you always must have been. What I never knew because you finally aren't sheltered at home until father could marry you off to the highest bidder." He glared at her and spun on his heels to go.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She rolled her eyes at his dramatics. He was always doing this ever since she fell in love with Harold and she just... had enough of it all. The most expensive thing happened to be in a pile on the table, but he did not notice that her gowns were there. "Yet ye come insult me every time ye see me as of late. Go. Run away from this, ye're very good at that!" She was trying to hide the fact that she was shaking with rage. She had never felt so angry at him in her life. "I see some things will never change. Goodbye, Pony."

She slammed the door by kicking it shut, sending it flying toward him so it would hopefully hit him where the good Lord split him. Karen Calloway nee. McBride was done with being treated like that by her brother.