or Register?

[Complete] Customer Service [Market, Shops and Spas]

67 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: TBD
Alias: BlackAck

“Garrow?  Where’s the chief clerk?”

Norman looked up from his ledger and out beyond the protective bars in front of the serving counter before answering the branch manager’s question.

“Stepped out, sir.” Norman replied.  The branch manager’s fleshy face twitched, stretching out into the narrow passage from his office door marked PRIVATE.

“Ye’ll have to do then. I have a new customer opening an account. Get the right forms.”

Norman snatched the requested forms and joined his boss.  The older man pushed Norman a half-step back down the corridor to have a quiet word.  Norman was so close to him he could smell the hair tonic.

“The customer’s a lady, she’s an American, and she’s not quite – oh ne’r mind that.  She has money. Watch yerself and yer mouth.” the manager hissed.

Norman didn’t really need his manager’s opinion on this customer but nodded quickly.  Norman had to admit, his interest was peaked though. His boss continued quietly “plus I, uh need to see a man about a dog, NOW. So, you’ll have to take care of this.”

Norman nodded and followed his boss into the office.

“Miss Mackenzie, this is Mister Garrow, he will assist you.  If you’ll excuse me.”

85 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5’5”

Lailani always the peculiar type even if of noble rank was caught in the midst of folding paper that had been left on the desk, folding the paper into origami swans carefully with a smile as she looked up from the bird with a smile on her sun kissed face, visible as her long thick curly black hair was tamed unlike when she was on the waves.

“Mr. Garrow, it is a pleasure to meet you. My apologize for the paper cranes but I got bored while waiting” The young woman said with her smile only growing  as she examined paper birds carefully. 

“Why do you work here if I may ask?” She asked curiously flicking her dark brown eyes toward the man. 

67 Posts
3 Threads

Norman, still a callow youth, had never seen a woman like Miss Mackenzie before. He blinked rapidly. She was, in his silent opinion, strikingly beautiful with her dark skin tone and hair to match. Truly something to behold. But he was at work damn it! He had no business gawking at the customers like some country yokel. Still, she was difficult not to stare at. He looked down at the miniature paper birds she had made. How fun. And back to her.

"Because I'm good at mathematics I suppose." He answered, rounding the desk and plonking himself in his boss' seat. "What makes you say something like that?"

85 Posts
3 Threads

(10-31-2021, 04:38 PM)Norman Garrow Wrote: Norman, still a callow youth, had never seen a woman like Miss Mackenzie before. He blinked rapidly. She was, in his silent opinion, strikingly beautiful with her dark skin tone and hair to match. Truly something to behold. But he was at work damn it! He had no business gawking at the customers like some country yokel. Still, she was difficult not to stare at. He looked down at the miniature paper birds she had made. How fun. And back to her.

"Because I'm good at mathematics I suppose." He answered, rounding the desk and plonking himself in his boss' seat. "What makes you say something like that?"

Lailani simply stared back at the man who appeared to blinking as if had something caught in his eyes. It didn’t feel dusty in this room but perhaps the gentleman had caught something? 

“As someone who has not had to work in the sense of being pressured by financing concerns, I am always curious as to what drives others to their line of work” She said with a smile before placing the paper bird back on the desk and cupped her hands trying to appear stern even though her smile remained. “I came here to separate my father from my money as I want to secure my finances from his meddling if he tries to.. well meddle”

67 Posts
3 Threads

Norman was no stranger to the way money made some people act, it was a bit taboo really. It made people happy, sad, or drove them mad.

"Well, rest assured, the money in your account is yours to keep under law. We won't do anything with it without express written permission from you, the account holder." Norman picked up one of the small paper birds and noticed for the first time the individual folds in the paper. "Marvellous." Once again forgetting he was actually at work. Then he remembered and placed the avian back on the table "That is to say, no meddling allowed."

85 Posts
3 Threads

Lailani listened to the man, nodding her in in agreement while her dark brown eyes followed the man as he examined her paper bird. “I learned how to do that in Japan. Have you ever been there? Charming islands simply because I am comparing to my home islands that make up Hawaii” She explained before realizing how it might have sounded like she was talking ill of the islands of Britain. “My apologize but my fathers islands of Britain cannot compare to Hawaii, the cold gets annoying” she said with a laugh that she tried to dial down into a dainty one of a lady of her station.

“Meddling can be fun for a lady if the right man does it, fathers meddling? No. Bachelors meddling? Perhaps” she said with a coy hint of a grin.

67 Posts
3 Threads

Norman listened or more accurately tried not stare at her. So she was from Hawaii and had a Scottish father.  Was he descended from a Bounty mutineer?  Hawaii was somewhere in the Pacific Ocean wasn't it? Norman remembered reading about Hawaii and the mutiny on the Bounty as a lad.  It was possible that everything was a jumble.  He had devoured the tales of Captain James Cook, palm trees, beaches, tropical-skinned beauties in grass skirts with bare - Stop with the bloody fantasies man! 

"Visit Japan? No sorry, Miss. I haven't even visited John O'Groats." Norman answered pleased with himself using a place name beginning with 'J'. He continued to fill in the forms  "I expect the weather is quite a shock for you then." Norman said mid scribble, missing the comment about meddling bachelors, but just catching her grin. Norman smiled.

85 Posts
3 Threads

Lailani chuckled at the mans clever usage of a J named city after her usage of Japan. However, the man did not seem to perhaps understand her hidden question when she had mentioned bachelors. Still Lailani smiled back at the mans cute smile. “All your teeth too, your wife must find you to be quite the catch” she teased in her ambitiously flirtatious manner while she took out a beautifully designed Chinese fan from her beaded purse and fanned herself.

67 Posts
3 Threads

Norman continued to fill out the paperwork. Head office wanted certain forms in duplicate.

"Actually, I'm.. I'm not married." he said as the nib scratched at the paper. Norman hated to admit that fact aloud. Oh he liked girls just fine, none as yet had seen fit to attach themselves to him in that way.

85 Posts
3 Threads

Lailani smiled but tried to hide the grin with her hand fan coyly to make herself appear more alluring. “Oh? Why not?” She asked bluntly before realizing how rude that might have sounded. “I’m not married either, not for a lack of my father trying to find a match haha” she chuckled in a self deprecating manner.